Winch Question.....

Jeeper99

I'm really getting the itch to get a winch. I've tossed up both the Warn XD9000 and the Superwinch 8500. And with the price diffrence and the money I have to spend. It looks like it's going to be the Superwinch. I found one at the local Northern for $429. My question is, Is this a good winch for the price and is the 3 stage Planetary gear setup reliable?

image-missing.png
Superwinch 12V DC Electric Winch 8500-Lb Cap # 1585200D
Product Information:

This Superwinch 8500-lb. 12 Volt DC electric winch has enough power and muscle to handle self-recovery of trucks and SUVs. Volts: 12, HP: 4.5, Line Pull (lbs.): 8,500, Gear Train: Full metal 3-stage planetary, Clutch: Lever action freespooling, Braking: Mechanical load-holding, Rope Size L x dia. (ft. x in.): 94 feet of 5/16" wire rope with thimble and latched hook, Fairlead Type: Heavy-duty, powder-coated Hawse fairlead
  • Powers load in and out
  • Full metal 3-stage planetary geartrain
  • Circuit breaker protection
  • Weather-sealed solenoids
  • Sealed handheld rubber remote

I know this question is like :deadhorse: , but I'm not familiar with the internal winch components.

I'd go for it Jon. It looks exactly like my Warn without the superwinch decals. The price is not bad and superwinch seems to have been around for awhile to prove their reliability.

Back