TJ of the Month Contest!

Should we have a CJ / YJ / TJ of the Month Contest on Jeepz?

• Yes

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I know my Jeep is sweet and don't need your approval in a popularity contest!

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Poobah

Hey guys n' gals -

I'm pretty excited - my rig made the top ten over on Jeepforum.com's TJ of the Month Contest for August and I would like to encourage you all to pop over and vote for me (or for another rig if you really like it better - every Jeep in there is pretty sweet!). They just started doing this contest last month - and I would love to get my beloved beast in the calendar they are making of all the winners! The thread is in the TJ Technical section over there - and you have to be registered on the site to vote - just like here. 8) Here is a link: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/august-tj-month-contest-vote-now-contest-has-started-840896/

I think it might be fun for Jeepz to do a similar thing here one day. We can watch closely how it goes over there for a number of months and then revisit the idea. It could be more family-oriented somehow here, though. Just a thought - something fun - and maybe get a sponsor in as an added bonus or something. :idea:

Anyway - Vote for Pedro - errr I mean Poobah - if you get the chance - the voting closes in a couple of days and I could use the votes! I feel kind of funny pimping myself like this, but it is such a close contest that every vote counts and I see others going on their home boards and such doing the same thing so I might as well... :redface:

Happy Trails - and thank you!

~Poobah

Last edited:

Thanks to the couple of people that voted so far over at JeepForum.com! ...and to the rest that still plan to rock the vote but haven't gotten over there yet! Appreciate it!

~Poobah

85 people have viewed this thread so far - and only 1 or 2 votes for my Jeep over on JeepForum.com since I posted here - c'mon, we can do better than that, Jeepzers! :cry::lol::cry::lol::cry::lol::cry::lol: Heck, only a small percentage voted on the poll in this thread! Heck, I even made up a new word for us here...Jeepzers. Jeepzers. "Look out, the Jeepzers are coming down the trail!" or "Oh my god, you had better run John - that guy is a Jeepzer and he doesn't look too happy with you." Yeah I like it. Rock the vote! 8)

If we start this at Jeepz, I promise when B is done that I will stand down every other month to allow someone else to win once in a while.:lol::twisted:

to be honest.. No.. Everyone will rate a vehicle in different ways. I personally look at the engineering and fabrication that goes into a jeep as more important then what mods were bolted up to make something look super sweet..

ex. a TJ with home made control arms, and a back half frame with stock springs with some junk yard 60's welded and geared with 37" tires will impress me way more than a TJ with a 6.6" long arm and 35's with stock axle and gearing and a bunch of chrome bolt on stuff, not saying it is wrong, just not how I would rate what makes it cool?

again, just my opinion, which is generally different than everyone elses.

If we start this at Jeepz, I promise when B is done that I will stand down every other month to allow someone else to win once in a while.:lol::twisted:

lol

to be honest.. No.. Everyone will rate a vehicle in different ways. I personally look at the engineering and fabrication that goes into a jeep as more important then what mods were bolted up to make something look super sweet..

ex. a TJ with home made control arms, and a back half frame with stock springs with some junk yard 60's welded and geared with 37" tires will impress me way more than a TJ with a 6.6" long arm and 35's with stock axle and gearing and a bunch of chrome bolt on stuff, not saying it is wrong, just not how I would rate what makes it cool?

again, just my opinion, which is generally different than everyone elses.

That is exactly the point, you vote for what pleases you. Function over form. Everyone votes for whatever floats their boat...it is for fun more than anything.

On that note, I have fallen behind in the voting yesterday after one of my competitors posted on Pirate asking for votes accompanied by pictures of scantily clad girls! hahahaha All is fair in love and war I guess!

Ack - -I'm 40 today!

rhan12l-1.jpg

Back