dicuss about china products

winddomino

when I visited some china cellphones stores websites(like this website: cheap wholesale items ) ,I was astonished by their price ,my god!!!a fake iphone only needs $150 more or less,everyone knows the quality of chinese products is too bad,disgusting! but its price lures us ,so what and how to make a comment on that ?do u like china products or not ?

I dont really look at where stuff is made.I look at the quality compared to price versus where it was made at.Example is I think some of my tail tools are made in china.I needed cheap stuff i dont care about because I know i will loose it.My home tools are more expensive and better quality and made in the USA.

I am an "old school" viejo who believes in the old slogans from the days of the dieing steel mills that says, "Buy American, the job you save may be your OWN!" Chinese products are CHEESE, let there be no mistake, BUT I also remember when another Asian country's products that were also considered cheese, and now their products have BANKRUPTED our steel mills AND our auto manufacturers. BEWARE, our beautiful country is disintegrating before our very eyes into a 2nd and even 3rd world country as Americans drink and drug ourselves into the sleeping giant that may not wake up in time.

:mad:that's MY two cents worth . . .VIVA los ESTADOS UNIDOS! :mad:

BUT I also remember when another Asian country's products that were also considered cheese, and now their products have BANKRUPTED our steel mills AND our auto manufacturers.

I was just gonna say the same thing about Japan, but ya beat me to it! I remember back in the late '60's, early '70's, any tool you bought from there was cheap. But they'd either bend, or snap. Absolute junk! Most anything else from there, was the same. Cheap to buy, but really, shoulda been left in the store. Their cars were the same way.

Look at them now........and at how much of the marketplace they have.

Let me throw another one out there. Hyundai. Remember the days of the Pony? Cheap, cheap, cheap. But try to find one still running 10 years later. Complete poo-poo!! Now, as a company, they are built much better. I'm not saying they are great cars now, but much, MUCH improved.

Just wait, the way trends are going, China is gonna sneak up on us like the others. It doesn't really surprise me why the 'big three' had their problems. Not blaming them, per-say, but look at the competition out there now, and the share of the marketplace they've lost. And it's not just in the automotive sector, but everywhere.

I believe we are headed down a very slippery slope, the way trends have been going over the last 30-40 years, and it makes me quite uncomfortable. Having said that, guess my grandfather said the same things, when he was my age.

Hyundai is made in Korea.As far as U.S car companies go,I personally cant afford them.I bought a brand new car in 2007.Happens to be a Hyundai.Why some people ask.

I looked at many cars when buying and compared them all.This is wha tI came up with.

Hyundai elantra

Starting price 14k
Warranty 50k 5year B-B and 100k 10 year on DT
MPG=36
Average miles before any real problems about 200k from a lot of people I have talked to.

Ford Focus Sedan
Starting Price 16k
Warranty 30k 3 year BB and 5 year 50k DT
MPG=35
Average miles before problems 100k from personal experience with any ford product.

Chevy Cobolt
starting price 15k
MPG=37
I think there warranty is close to the same as Ford

Speaking of Hyundai's. When a friend of mine moved to the states from India about 15 years ago he went to buy a new car. He told everyone he was going to look at hyundais and he was quickly informed that they were garbage. And they were at that time. He said that in India, Hyundai's were known as quality cars and were very nice. Turns out the ones they imported here to break into the market were pieces of junk but now they are some of the highest rated vehicles.

What's the website? I'm just curious what their fake Iphone looks like!

Lately I am all about buying stuff from Mars.

Having worked in imports, there is way more stuff imported than you think, even things that say made in america, are actually made over seas and simply assembled here. the worms I used to fish with my daughter this weekend were imported from canada.... U.S. WORMS ARE NO LONGER ANY GOOD?

the worms I used to fish with my daughter this weekend were imported from canada.... U.S. WORMS ARE NO LONGER ANY GOOD?

I have heard the same thing about them importing worms from Canada.I still prefer to go out the night before and picking my own.If I really think about I may even soak the yard down a few hours before.

I have heard the same thing about them importing worms from Canada.I still prefer to go out the night before and picking my own.If I really think about I may even soak the yard down a few hours before.
Thats what we usually do, but we weren't having much luck.

I am an "old school" viejo who believes in the old slogans from the days of the dieing steel mills that says, "Buy American, the job you save may be your OWN!" Chinese products are CHEESE, let there be no mistake, BUT I also remember when another Asian country's products that were also considered cheese, and now their products have BANKRUPTED our steel mills AND our auto manufacturers. BEWARE, our beautiful country is disintegrating before our very eyes into a 2nd and even 3rd world country as Americans drink and drug ourselves into the sleeping giant that may not wake up in time.

:mad:that's MY two cents worth . . .VIVA los ESTADOS UNIDOS! :mad:

could not agree with you more at the rate Obama is spending money china will own this country or should I say the rest of it. hay what does one call it when goverment tells you what you have to take aka insurance or be fined wow where did my rights go. really take his insurance or be fined like $3,800 wow bend over Amarica its coming.

I see where the US if finally putting a tariff tax on the cheap dangerous Chinese tires that have been imported in here.
They were ending up on vans, cars, trucks and most brand new RVs
My 2006 travel trailer had them and they started separating after 6 months

I threw them out and bought a good set of trailer tires still made in the US
and it took me some research to find them
even Goodyear makes their trailer tires in China now:shock:

the Chinese tires were built skimping on the layers gum rubber it takes to laminate the steel belts and they were flying apart causing roll overs and a few deaths

but alas, our government did not do much except force a recall of 1/4 million of them, but I don't know if the ones being brought in today are any better

Back