Forum to be updated today

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member

The forum will be down today around 2 pm EST for an upgrade. Hopefully it will only take and hour.[addsig]

Any way you can add a location field under the username? Helps to know where somebody is from, especially when talkin about wheelin or selling something.

Thanks
image-missing.png
[addsig]

OK, I've upgraded the forum to a new version, I know it's alittle ugly right now, but over the next couple of days I'll get everything smoothed out. sorry about the downtime.[addsig]

Are you going to make the little "link" , "image" and all those options on the new format? Those really came in handy!! Looks good so far, and let me take this opportunity to say thanks for making this site, it doesn't compare to any other message board I have seen and it obviously helps out a huge mass of jeep lovers![addsig]

Heheh...its even more "Microsoft-ized"...you are big Windows fan terry or what? I like the new buttons though...all we need now is a little dog to pop up and ask us what we want to do. (not serious on that hahah)[addsig]

I downloaded a couple of security patches last night and tried to access the Jeepz site. After my pulse returned to normal and the oh chit! factor was finished, I finally fingered out Terry was probably tuning the site. Glad I was right. I enjoy my time here, and appreciate the forum. Good bunch of people.[addsig]

it looks great - i really like that you changed the background color to the lighter color, it makes it alot easier to read, where are the little smiley face characters at the bottom of the reply message? 8)[addsig]

Now introducing a "latest posts" button in the upper right of the screen, just like the one on the main page, but with many more links.

There is also a "Topic subscribe" button on posts. This -should- email you when someone replys to a topic you subscribe to.

This has been one long upgrade....I'm tired..

hmmm, looks like the smiles don't work yet :-x

:)[addsig]

We appreciate the work you do! :) Thank you for such a great site and for wanting to improve it for us! Now go out and get your Jeep dirty! :-D

Todd :cool: [addsig]

Here's a new question:

What information to keep on the Homepage - now we have latest posts, top posters, and forum stats. Do you quys care about that stuff? Should we go back to just latest posts?

Let me know.[addsig]

personally, i like the layout on http://resource.crx.org/ it is the "same" software as here (php) and i'm in the top 50 posters over there from my last car... i have been an online car community member since before i started driving. that other place has a survey... and lots of articles. user submitted also. i think we should start beefing up our how-to section... [addsig]

Nice site.

I agree about beefing up the how-to section, and I'd love to post any articles you guys write up (guess I have to setup some sort of submission process).

Hey - we got a survey here! Anyone have ideas for the next survey question?[addsig]

how about "how much money have you spent on your vehicle (not counting the original price, gas, or insurance) including mods and repairs...?"

and i can turn pretty much any of my 'tech articles' on my jeep website into an article for the how-to section here... let me know if any interest you:

http://dingus.tqhosting.com/jeep/

edited by: dingus, Jan 29, 2003 - 06:41 PM[addsig]

hey terry... can you rig this thing up to notify people if they have private messages? i'd be more inclined to use them, except not many people (including me) check them regularly...[addsig]

I have a suggestion!!!!!!! This may be tough, I dunno. MTBR.com has a way to submit pictures and they host them so they can be displayed on their website. Can we do that here? The way theirs works is that while you're making a post you can upload a picture to their site, then copy the link and insert it into the post. They have physical size and meg size restrictions. Just a thought.

And allow us to use our own pics for icons
<<<<<<<< over there!

As far as poll topics, What's your favorite online source for parts, powerade or gatorade, how often do you do trail work

edited by: bigTlilODD, Jan 30, 2003 - 01:07 AM[addsig]

Back