Rock chips in windshield

southtj

Is it just me or do swb Jeeps get more rock chips than other vehicles. In the last 6 months I've had 3 chips, one new windshield and now 5 more chips. Before I got the windshield replaced I had it repaired once where they fill it in. I got another pretty big one that soon spread from top to bottom in one afternoon. Now with my new windshield I got a big one right at the top when it was only a week old. Now I have 4 more cracks, none spreading yet. I got them all in the same stretch of the interstate so I know part of it was the road but this is kind of ridiculous. Fortunately they have now repaved and that area shouldn't be a problem anymore.

The windshield guy says he sees it a lot in Jeeps because the windshield is almost straight up and down so when a rock hits it is harder than on a car because cars windshields are slanted back more so the rocks glance off.

Is this a problem for you guys too?

Yes!!! I`ve had my jeep for just over two and half years,
I`m on my fourth windsheild and it already has a chip in it!:x

I got "0 deductable" glass replacememnt on my policy but still, hate to call em every other week.

I heared of alot of guys using lucight clear plexie glass on there jeeps because they dont break or chip like the glass but they also arent daily drivers but semi daily since there trail rigs ,dont think its legal in most states on everyday vehicles ,after mine gets broke thats the direction I will be going
image-missing.png

I guess I have been lucky (knock on wood) I have yet to have a major chip or star in my windshield. I have had the heep for 4 years now. BUT, now that I am back in CO it might be a different story. Back in the day Co used a lot of sand (windshield death), but I think they switched to salt and chemicals more verses the sand.

Back