Grease build up

HiHood

Without access to a steam cleaner, and shop. (I'm retired) I find myself outside scrapping off years of caked on grease and grunge with a common kitchen knife. (yeah, my wife's threatening to skin me alive with it)I'ld like to get this chassis somewhat cleaned before I tear these axles down. Now that I have the majority of the gunk off, whats a good cleaner that removes grease & oil efficiently since EMC Cleaner is outlaw'd?

Simple green or an industrial degreaser from napa auto parts works well for me.

self serve car wash with high presure wand with a few spray cans of eng gunk cleaner alot of self serves also have a degreaser setting

self serve car wash with high presure wand with a few spray cans of eng gunk cleaner alot of self serves also have a degreaser setting

I thought of that but I would have to unload the water tanks from my trailer, (haul water, no well) to load it all up and even then the nearest "city" is well over an hour away. (25 miles just to get to pavement.) When I worked I would load it all up and take it to work with me. Hot tank, steam cleaner, degreaser solvents was all for the usage as long as it didn't interfear with my assigned tasks. One of the down sides of retirement I spose.:shades:

x2 on Simple green and let it soak for a while. Castrol Super Clean works amazing too!

Back