Looking for opinions

Barbasol

Just recently bought a stock rubicon unlimited. I just wanted to get some opinions on suspension kits. I've always had yjs never built a tj before. Right now im looking at getting the rubicon express 5.5 long arm kit but the skyjacker 6" rockready has my attention too. i plan on wheelin the jeep a lot. looking for a good trail suspension not too worried about street use. tell me whats up im new to the tj.

Welcome to the Z. What size tires you planning on running and what type of wheeling? That's a lot of lift, most these days try to minimize lift and perform other mods for increased tire clearance, keeps the center of gravity low.

I agree.. I wheel with a lot of people that use just a 3.5" lift and run 36-37" tires all day long. If this is a majority street driver, then I woulgn't worry one bit about running a tire that large on only a 3.5" lift

I agree with not too much lift. Even with the higher lifts you have to drop the cross-member to the transmission/TC to adjust your U-joint angles so you'ld be susceptible to high centering somewhat anyways.

Welcome to the Z. What size tires you planning on running and what type of wheeling? That's a lot of lift, most these days try to minimize lift and perform other mods for increased tire clearance, keeps the center of gravity low.
I plan to run 36" i just recently moved to bloomingdale IL so i have been going to the cliffs off road park as much as i can with my yj. Id like to get the tj out there by spring and break it in on the carnage trail. I seen that your from IL so maybe your familar with the park thats the kind of wheeling i plan to do.

Back