Wheeling in the rain

blkrubi88

Here's some pics of me and some guys from another forum doing a little wheeling at Uwharrie in the rain on Sunday!
IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

P1010850[1].jpg

P1010862[1].jpg

P1010864[1].jpg

P1010866[1].jpg

IMG_0517.JPG

This is some guys that went on Monday. They are on the trail named Daniel, it is rated extremely difficult! Me and the other guys accidentally took a wrong turn on one of the trails and had to drive down what these guys are coming up! We got a couple of thumbs up for coming down that trail in stock to semi stock jeeps! Had a lot of fun with no damage or carnage!
DSC_0030[1].JPG

DSC_0040[1].JPG

Now that is a good lookin' group of jeep guys right there! Yep I've been wheeling in misting rain and fog at Spring Creek Offroad Park here in TX. Its fun to get muddy and most of the trails rating difficulties go way up from their dry weather ratings. Looks like ya'll had a blast. 8)

Wanna go back in dry weather! Can't wait till they re-open in April! Any time you go over a rock ledge like that noise first in a stock jeep and didn't roll, then it's a great day!!

I'll definitely make it there this year. I went a little over a year ago and had a blast. I didn't try going up Daniel, but I did make it down.

I think I'm still washing the Uwharrie mud off.

My friends and I vowed never to do Daniel again unless we have about 4.5 inches of lift with 34's! Really start second guessing your decision to continue the trail when you start seeing a lot of broken glass and parts in the trail! About one more trip on Daniel, and I'll have my factory skid plate turned into a tummy tuck skid plate!

I'd have to think it's much easier when it's dry. I just went down it and decided that was enough for me. The guys I was with ran up and down a couple of times. My 31s with 2" of lift just weren't ready for it.

FYI - my wife opted to not ride with me down. She decided to walk it...

Thanks for the pics. Looks Alot like the terrain around here. Good ole muddy mountain trails! Looks like you all had fun.

Back