does anyone know of a good jeep mechanic near massachusetts.?

jr881234

does anyone know of a good jeep guy in massachusetts? I have some questions on a 1994 wrangler, and i cant find someone who knows what to do...

you know massachusetts is a pretty big state, might want to tell us where you live and far you want to travel.

I need a mechnic located near newburyport ma. or within 20 minutes. i need some advice on the sway bar mount.

There is also Elias in Townsend.

There is also Quality Auto in Wakefield on New Salem St.

Pioneer Automotive (might be the old name) in Peabody.

I have a question, what question could you possibly have about a sway bar mount that will require a $90 per hour mechanic to answer?

HI Johnny are you in Boston ? I'm up in Pepperell MA. Just wondering where to send yah.

i have a 94 wrangler with a 2inch shackle lift. the back left swaybar mount is cracked on either side. ive welded it once but it keeps cracking..i dont know if its to do with the shackle lift or theres some other reason? so im not sure how to fix it..fabricate something new or get it replaced. im not really sure what to do so i was lookin for a guy who knows jeeps well.

-Tim

Honestly, I would just take the sway bar off. I haven't had one on my YJ in a long time.. I mean like 6 years.

I am unsure what you mean by mount, it should just be a threaded hole in the frame.

Really? huh i always thought it wasnt good or safe. thought it was bad to drive without one??

Its on the left side and it makes a u-shape around the axel then the other side connects to the sway bar. i found a picture(attached). its not mine but i just wanted to make sure it was the mount that i was talking about. mine is slightly different from this one(mines stock) and cracked on both sides where it rests on the axel.

thanks for your time i appreciate it
-Tim

Attachments

• axle[1].jpg
    axle[1].jpg
    69 KB · Views: 346
Back