Which Model to Purchase & Possible Restore?

steve1580

My wife and I would like to purchase and possibly restore a Jeep and wanted some recommendations on models to try and avoid a purchase mistake.

What we are looking for is an everyday driver, very dependable that can handle some occasional serious south Florida off roading with Air Conditioning, since we are in South Florida (that could be aftermarket).

I am also a Landcruiser fan, but the cost and difficulty of restoring would make that out of the question.

Our budget is around $20,000. Models (styles) that I prefer are the CJ's, newere model would be the Rubicon, but prefer the old school look. I do also like the truck style models for utility, like the CJ8, CJ-10.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

I did a 77 cj7,an now doing a 79 cj,we call it project Mud Mutt. Useing parts from every jeep made it seems.Its been a make for me.LITTLE OLD,parts very easy an cheap.

Last edited:

I'd go with a Scrambler, or perhaps a Willys

Attachments

• jeep_pic_cj8_1982_rosen_4.jpg
    jeep_pic_cj8_1982_rosen_4.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 371
  • malik_willy11_KXM_PakWheels%28com%29.jpg
    malik_willy11_KXM_PakWheels%28com%29.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,119
If you go on the highway the TJ makes a good ride and can be fun to make climb. Of course my opinion only.

If you want daily driver, A/C, and at least somewhat rare and interesting, How about an early YJ Sahara.

Thats what I'm trying to find right now

If you want daily driver, A/C, and at least somewhat rare and interesting, How about an early YJ Sahara.

Thats what I'm trying to find right now
Somebody who lives near my office has one. It's immaculate too. Looks showroom new.

Back