How many of you......

Heep72

..........go out of your way to park next to another Jeep? I just got to thinking about it on my way out of (you guessed it) Walmart this morning. It was early so there were a thousand and one open spots but right next to my Jeep is a JK (actually a pretty nice one....lifted and all) So do you actually go out of your way to park next to another Jeep, or it is more of "if there just happens to be a Jeep right there and there happens to be an open spot" type of thang? :rolleyes:

I go out of my way for few reasons.

1.Possibility to talk to the owner.
2.To look at there rig.
3.It's a Jeep thing.

Did the same at the grocery store last night... I was driving down the lane I always park in, and there were a half dozen open spaces right up front, but I parked halfway down next to a lifted JK.

I do, too.

It even happened to me. I went Lowe's, came out and there was plenty of choice spots. Right in front of me was a slightly modded JK.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that does that!

My wife swears I'm a Jeep stalker....never know when one might be about to go up for sale. I've met some nice folks after parking next to their Jeep.

I do, as well. As has been stated, it is nice to check out the rig and maybe meet the owner and talk Jeeps. Plus, I'm fairly sure they won't let their door hit my TJ!

What's really stupid about it is that I'll forget myself when I'm driving the family in my wife's Subaru and STILL park next to a Jeep...(and wave at 'em on the road, which gets me funny looks).

I do indeed, usually in this order...

Lifted/modded XJ
Lifted/modded LWB
Lifted/modded SWB
Stock XJ
Stock LWB
Stock SWB

It drives my friends nuts, and my mom's given me death-threats when I've passed up so many close parking spaces to wherever it is we've gone to, just so I can park next to a jeep.

I'll throw up the wave at any Jeep I see, quite often forgetting that I'm in a City-logoed: Chevy pickup, dump truck, backhoe, loader, tractor, or big lawnmower. Talk about some strange looks!

I was actually at Costco today, parked probably as far as I could away from the door, so I could be across from a newer Liberty, as I was walking to the door, a lifted XJ was sitting there, with an open space next to it. I was bummed :cry:

Find myself next to a Jeep in almost every busy parking lot. Either I park next to them or there is one next to me when I come out.
Got a few waves from people not in their Jeeps. How do you know. It's the look after they realize their not in their rig.

Not only do I park in the back forty and hike 3/4-1 mile to go in somewhere, when I come out, I will find another Jeep parked next to mine or an import. Like an import even compares.

Honestly I can never find an f'n spot within an eye shot of the market or the homedepot. Either way I get evil eyes, is it jealousy or confusion? 26yr old punk riding a sixties around I dunno, that's why I have the nastiest sound system with nothing but the heaviest of all heavy metals...dimmu borgir evil

xt master said:
I go out of my way for few reasons.

1.Possibility to talk to the owner.
2.To look at there rig.
3.It's a Jeep thing.

That's pretty much the same reasons I have I love looking at other peoples Jeeps and like talking to the owners about parts or anything jeep.

Back