Please read very important !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jhiggins

http://198.139.121.46/river_access/index.html

Here is a web site of the local 4wd club I am appart of and they are trying to privatize texas rivers please all 4 wd enthuiasts take a look at and help support us and not allow them to do this...because if they can do it in texas what makes the stop there and not move to your state to try the same thing, and take away your favorite wheeling spot????? Just think about it and please give me some feed back........ :-x :-x :-x :-x [addsig]

This is what I am trying to reverse here in North East Tennessee. The goverment is out of control trying to take control and they are winning. I am doing all that I can to not only re open as many trails as I can here in my part of the world but I am also trying to keep open the small amount that we still have to use.

You say you have a local 4x4 club well get em active in any and all public land meetings and talk to the powers that are in charge. Go with numbers and names and show the men and women in office that you are responceable voters and you will ot take no for an answer.

We just put out a good ol boy that thought he would die in the house of reresenatives. He had made so many promises and stabed the backs of so many supporters over the years that he now is at the house all right but it is just his own house.

Fight for your right to use the public lands! I am starting to think that the real fight in the USA is to go in the direcetion of discrimanation against full sized off roaders. There is a way to be treated equal but it will take a bunch of work and effort. The horses and hickers have trail areas, the hunters get to use the old trails here durring bear season, and the atvs have places to ride in my area now I will see to it that jeepers have a place as well here.

fight or die! Tug :-O [addsig]

higgins it looks like you've got a pretty good site there. you've got some great pics, good luck![addsig]

yeah the state just closed down the only 4 wheeling spot here on the eastern shore of MD, said it was detramentive to the state forest and wildlife, now all we have is the beach, those bastards

quik[addsig]

Don't give up and think thats it all the research i've done shows you can still get your lands back public !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :-D

edited by: jhiggins, Feb 10, 2003 - 09:36 PM[addsig]

The fight about river rights, has been going on in Texas, since they were a republic. Used to be it was forbidden, to own the land on both sides of a river. Just for these very reasons.
Did the same thing in California, with the beaches (buy a lot and own all the beach to the surf). Did the same thing with canyon access in many states. If you control the access, you control, much more land, than you actually own.
One way to fight this is, demand right of egress. The laws are supposed to be based on, the reasonable premise. How far can an average person walk in a reasonable time. To get to state or federal lands, that are supposed to belong to the masses.
What about old people, a large portion of the United States, is closed to them, because they couldn´t hike or ride the miles required to visit many places, that they would have a recreational, or even intellectual interest in.
What about the handicapped, there are millions of square miles of land that is closed to them, because of the lack of egress.
What about the very young, would you want to drag your young children on a nature hike of say 3 miles, 10 miles, 20 miles. And then have an accident (snake bit) and not have a way out?
Well if you were young and fit, it might be reasoanable, to expect you to hike in. If you were very young, old or challenged in some other way, better stay home and read about it in a book.
I´d contact an organization for the hadicapped and see what they have to say about it. Or even the NAACP, they advocate the equal treatment of all. Not just the person who controls the egress, to the fishing hole on a PUBLIC river, beach, or access to PUBLIC land.[addsig]

Hey I appreciate it I will Get cracking and let you know what I come up with............... :-D [addsig]

I’ve already had this happen to our local trails, made them all private and fence them off. It’s kind of a Piss off seeing the local jeep club had once a month clean ups to clean up after the city, and local people dumping there junk there. Then they had the nerve to blame trail runners, and the jeep club for trashing the place. We fought it for just over two years, till they sold the land and fence it off. We have no place to do off-roading locally now. Closes place is 2 hours or so away, which sucks for after work runs. Hopefully you guys have better luck. :-( [addsig]

Hi there! Where are you all from? It would be great to organize some real-time meetings. What do you think about this idea? It can develop in a very good tradition. I would love to give it a try. I can be responsible for the organization of the whole process. We could celebrate the new year and Christmas together. How do you usually celebrate these holidays? With families and friends? Or are you traveling?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back