New offroad park in PA

scramblr

Northumberland County's OHV Recreation Park is currently in the planning phase. The proposed plan for the park is to take county owned, abondoned coal lands and convert them in to an all encompassing outdoor recreation park. This will formalize approximately 6,000 acres in to an outdoor recreation park. This will create a nationwide tourist attraction with all facets of recreation trails ranging from mountain biking, hunting, and walking, to atv and full size off road vehicle trails, rock gardens, and attractions. The public meeting for the OHV Park is Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 6:30 in the Shamokin Area High School Auditorium to discuss concerns and plans. Anyone who can show up for support would be greatly appreiciated

ohv.norrycopa.net

I would definitely drive up to wheel there. I can't make the meeting but this project has my full support!

About 30 minutes west on I-80 from where paragon was at.

How did the meeting go?

All the news said was that there will be 2 more meetings about it.

The meeting was very positive. However, the opposition has had a chance to organize themselves on facebook.

No, No, No to the proposed OHV Park

The supporters also have facebook sites; Northumberland County OHV Park and Yes, Yes, Yes to the proposed Northumberland County OHV Park.

The official site can be found here: Northumberland County OHV Recreation Park

signed petition and shared on facebook.
never quite get why locals oppose generating revenue in thier own backyards...
kudos for your involvement, good luck!

There is an upcoming public meeting on 19 October at 1830 at the Shamokin Area High School Auditorium...And is probably the most critical meeting there will be concerning this park and you being able to show your support..the opposition is still around.

TUESDAY OCT. 19, 2010 at the SHAMOKIN AREA HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM AT 6:30pm

Be there ! We are going to need you ! There is some vocal local resistance to this project. They have circulated a local petition againt this project. I personally know it has over 500 names on it ( probably a lot more by meeting time). Also a local environmental group has gotten involved and they are hugging the trees and telling everyone how we will "destroy" the land . They are also going out of their way to tell everyone how disrespectful we all are. You all made a strong statement with your showing the first meeting , we need to do it again, only bigger. Bring a couple of friends or club members along this time.

This is one hell of a great opportunity for us to further our sport and help make this park a reality!!!!!!!!!!

I have been up here for 3 days and this is what we really need on the east coast.

Unfortunately I just saw this post and I already have obligations this evening. Sorry :(.

Best of luck though!

I would have come but found out too late meeting would be over by the time I get there.

Plz keep us updated.

Back