TerryMason is offline Administrator

Jeep offers popup campers

Jeep is now getting into the Camper business, offering a Trail Edition and Extreme Trail Edition campers for those of us who want to go camping away from civilization. Pricing starts at $9,995 for the regular model and $11,995 for the Extreme.

Jeep offers popup campers-jeep-camper-trail-edition.jpg

Jeep® and Mopar claimed to be the first in the industry to sell off-road camper trailers, in July 2010 (with trailers available for ordering in August 2010). However, JeepNewsNow claims that the trailers are based on the Livin'Lite Quicksilver 6.0.
    Jeep Trail and Extreme Trail campers use Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 17-inch cast-aluminum wheels (with 5-lug by 5-inch bolt pattern to use most Jeeps’ spare tires), taillights, fender flares, rear bumper (Trail Edition camper only), badging and hood-tie downs. “Our trailers are specifically designed and engineered to meet strict capability requirements of Jeep,” said Pietro Gorlier, Mopar CEO.

Jeep offers popup campers-jeep-camper-folded-out.jpg

Jeep offers popup campers-jeep-camper-inside.jpg

Unfold the rugged diamond-plated aluminum top (capable of supporting 450 lbs of gear), and the Jeep Trail Edition camper reveals living quarters with 76 inches of headroom and space to sleep up to four people. A multi-use sofa folds out into a bed, while a queen-sized bed holds two adults. A built-in cabinet provides space for camping gear, while the aluminum construction delivers a clean look and minimizes weight. The overall height is 49.5 inches, the width is 88 inches.
    A stowable center table offers occupants a place for dining or a surface for board games, while a 110-volt power inverter provides additional cooking, heating, cooling and entertainment options. The trailer includes window screens and privacy shades.

Jeep offers popup campers-jeep-camper-extreme-edition.jpg

The Jeep Extreme Trail Edition camper is designed with more off-road capability and additional trail equipment; it lists at $11,995 and weighs 1,050 pounds.
    The Jeep Extreme Trail Edition camper’s adds to the regular Trail Edition with a heavy-duty frame, more ground clearance (15 inches vs. 12) and a full-underbody skid plate. Larger 35-inch BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires provide a beefier trail-ready aesthetic and sit below black diamond-plated aluminum fenders. The fenders are higher on the Jeep Extreme Trail Edition camper to accommodate up to 37-inch tires for maximum off-road capability.

Accessories include Mopar’s black aluminum Jeep Wrangler taillight guards (P/N: 82209330, MSRP: $143) and a 10-foot by 10-foot exterior awning with screen enclosure (P/N: LLROOM06, MSRP: $650). Improving the standard 2-inch trailer-hitch ball is an available heavy-duty pintle hitch with a 360-degree rotating axis for maximum off-road maneuvering and on-trail articulation (P/N: LLHOOK02, MSRP: $735).

(found on Allpar)
    My 2005 Wrangler Build Thread

He who is without oil shall throw the first rod. -Compressions 8.7:1

SteelHeadz is offline Moderator

Re: Jeep offers popup campers

Nice!! i like it.
    Confucious says: Don't eat the snow where the huskies go!

mud4feet is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHeadz View Post
    Nice!! i like it.
    Me too!!! Everything except the price
    Just Enjoy Every Possibility!

Heep72 is offline Senior Member

Cha-Ching!!!!!!!! Yikes!!!!!

abe
    abe is offline Senior Member

price is way out there but then again im not a Yuppie. Way cool though i like it.

IF IT DON'T FIT FORCE IT. IF IT BREAKS IT NEEDED TO B REPLACED.

avan is offline Senior Member

Like it too. I recon I pull that over a dune or two before setting up camp.
    I never get lost. I investigate alternative destinations.

larrymo49 is offline Senior Member

These things look great! Just not $10,000 great.

I have thought about building an econo-version of these using a small utility trailer and a flip-top, with a standard tent.

Wouldn't be fancy, but would serve the same purpose for a whole lot less than $10,000+

Has anyone done this already?...or something similar?

Larry

1995 Wrangler YJ
    1987 Comanche MJ

Freedom Is Never Free!

http://www.4-the-love-of-jeeps.com

taz
    taz is offline Member

We just got jayco pop up.we took off old axles.An going to put a strght axe with 33" tires

carnuck is offline Senior Member

I used to work for Alpenlite and I'd build my own before paying that much! (I didn't even pay that much for all my Jeeps together!)
    '87 Comanche 4x4 lifted 5 1/2" on 33" tires 4.0L/AW4/NP242 $3500
    Perfect combination but too small to haul my Grand Kids and wife in.

TLCJ5 is offline Senior Member

Just saw an article in Four Wheeler Magazine & these things are 88" wide. A CJ is about 59"....I don't think I'd want to trail it anywhere tight. I bought an Aspen mini pop-up(Trailmaster Inc) for less than half of what they want for these. It tucks behind my CJ with width to spare & even with the 12" tires I can drag it into most backwoods campsites.I know I could lift it & put bigger tires on it for a lot less $$ than one of these. I think the Markateers at Jeep lost track of who camps in pop-ups. Or maybe I'm just cheap
    Tom Landvogt
    1978 CJ5(my toy)
    1999 TJ Wrangler Sahara(daily driver)
    2001 Cherokee Sport(wifes Jeep/winter driver)
    2002 Dodge Dakota(to tow the CJ & Wrangler)

That is so cool, I am actually considering it.

superj is offline Senior Member

i would consider it but the price is outrageous. you can get a jayco or any other pop up for way cheaper and just do like taz and axle swap it
    no more jeeps at this time. next time it will be a cj with a v8