my wife washed my cell phone

1ATony

Yup...it's true, I had a pair of shorts on and had my cell phone in my pocket. I changed my shorts so that I could go out and mow my dust bowl of a lawn.While I was doing that my wife decided to toss my shorts into the wash machine with the laundry.

I came in and said...where are my shorts,oh in the wash machine,so I said uh did you take my cell phone out of the pocket.:pray:,nope....lol...great.

So my phone went through a complete wash even the spin cycle. I pulled my phone out of the wash machine and it was dead as a door nail.

My wife said I heard if you take the battery out any stick the phone into a bag of rice over night it may dry it out and work again,so I said yah right.

I had nothing to loose so tried the rice trick, I buried the phone in a plastic bag full of Uncle Bens, and woke up the next morning and low and behold the darn thing turned on and worked,I couldn't believe it.:yes1:

So if yah drop your phone into a puddle,sink,lake etc try this out,it worked for me.

I tried that with my son's I-phone. It worked for a couple of hours then it just died. I ended up putting a motherboard and speaker on it. Then a week after i fixed it, he broke the screen so i fixed that too. Next time im charging him for the repairs. lol

I remember when Mom told me to keep a dime in my pocket for that emergency phone booth call! How times have changed can't find phone booth or a big blue mailbox hardly anywhere........or dimes for that matter.

I tried that with my son's I-phone. It worked for a couple of hours then it just died. I ended up putting a motherboard and speaker on it. Then a week after i fixed it, he broke the screen so i fixed that too. Next time im charging him for the repairs. lol

Or get him an Otter Box

Funny story!!!! Yeah, my wife and I are both idiots (individually)......but we took the Mensa test, and, combined - we're a genius!!! Funny how that stuff works.

Ha!! i cant even get him to put a rubber case around it. I told him the replacement phone will come out of his own pocket.

Tell him to just get a Driod, There unbreakable and waterproof haha, not even kidding, mine slid out the window going around a curve and it didnt do hardly anything to it, then dropped it in a bucket of water at work haha

Only thing, you may find that after a while it quits working or acts funny because the inside will start rusting. Happened to the wife's phone and I was told this by the tech at the Sprint/Verizon service center. Also there is a water indicator inside the phone so if you roll into the service center and they ask you if you dropped it in water and you say no, they can call you a lying mofo and they're not going to cover it on warranty. Was told that by the service tech too. We're honest people and the wife told them up front that she dropped it in the toilet.

Only thing, you may find that after a while it quits working or acts funny because the inside will start rusting. Happened to the wife's phone and I was told this by the tech at the Sprint/Verizon service center. Also there is a water indicator inside the phone so if you roll into the service center and they ask you if you dropped it in water and you say no, they can call you a lying mofo and they're not going to cover it on warranty. Was told that by the service tech too. We're honest people and the wife told them up front that she dropped it in the toilet.

I have insurance on it, so it it quits on me I'll go grab a new one.

Back