Powdercoating: How much?

Jason4x4

Just wanted to get some input from some of you guys who may have experience having this work done - I'm having some parts powdercoated (in case you didn't see it in the other thread).

A guy I work with has a professional powdercoating booth and has done parts on some trucks for some other guys I work with. I'm having him do my new X-Flex control arms (upper and lower, front and rear), front and rear trackbars (and brackets), springs, and extra clearance belly pan.

I think everything except for the bellypan, which is bare steel, will need to be sandblasted and prepped. He said he's sending the parts that need it to a guy who does sandblasting for him and he will charge me whatever the guy charges him for the sandblasting, and then I pay him for the powdercoating on top of that. We havent talked about numbers yet. How much do you think this should cost?? It's not that I'm worried about being able to afford it, I just don't want to get completely ripped off. What do you think?

for me to have 2 headers heat coated $240. its not cheap reg powder coat is prob about $30 cheaper

for me to have 2 headers heat coated $240. its not cheap reg powder coat is prob about $30 cheaper

Is it holding up well on the headers? I'm thinking of having the block-huggers on my Willy's done in white. Kinda "retro" looking I think. Also, does the powder coating stain/dis-color/hold grease easily? I have no experiance with powder coating, so any thoughts will help both of us. Thanks

Also,
Has anyone done this with any of the "at home kits", i.e. with your stove? I can fit block huggers in my oven. p.m. me so we don't get off subject.

Was this at a shop somewhere?? Did they tell you regular powdercoat was $30 cheaper or is that just a guess? I'm just curious.

I got the entire chassis of my hotrod powder coated as well as a number of other small parts, cost $300 couple years back.

don't know how it will hold up Brad didn't get them back yet
and yes I am having done local at a shop but $30. cheaper was a guess Jason
I wanted to go chrome but was out of my price range but nothing these days you do to a jeep is cheap they even charge you for the air in the tires lol

I got the entire chassis of my hotrod powder coated as well as a number of other small parts, cost $300 couple years back.

Wow you found a great deal johnny
next time I'll have to send my parts to you to get them done:D only thing you prob want to keepem lmao:lol:

I talked to the guy this evening when I dropped the parts off and he said roughly $25 per pass (he said he could do both track bars in one pass, probably 4 control arms on two racks in one pass, the springs in one pass, and the belly pan in another pass - so basically $125 plus maybe a bit extra for the powder itself. The bigger expense is going to be that everything except the belly pan needs sandblasted, and he won't know until he takes it to the guy who is doing it how much that'll cost.

Wow you found a great deal johnny
next time I'll have to send my parts to you to get them done:D only thing you prob want to keepem lmao:lol:

I guess so, but he gets a lot of business from me, it all works out for him in the end

got headers back look sweet

before

001-1.jpg

After

0014-1.jpg

Back