Should have seen it coming

about 10 years ago, my barn was broken into and they ripped me for 5K worth of drill press, radial saw, and a whole truck load of smaller hand tools. they didn't take the compressor I guess cause their truck was full. was a bad feeling of violation for quite a while. been sleeping with a shotgun gun ever since. the only way to stop that behavior is make the price too high to pay. I have no sympathy for thieves

nicely done

At least they got caught thanks to you, which greatly lessens the odds that they'll do it again. 1) if places start getting broken into again the sheriff is going to look for them first and 2) if they get caught again they probably won't get probation. They'll go to jail and their new nickname will be Bunk Muffin.
The stuff they stole has probably already been sold and the money used to buy drugs.

54cj3b,
I am sorry for your losses, very glad they caught the 2 delinquents, really happy you were reimbursed so well by the ins. co. IMHO, I would find a suitable high powered handgun, silver tipped hollow points, and a lot of practice. I do not advocate harming anyone, but with today's laws and criminal justice system, if they live thru the crime they will be out of jail and doing it again before you have any semblance of recovering. Sorry for rambling on, I get upset about how criminals are not punished, no wonder I am no longer in law enforcement!

UPDATE:
Yesterday everyone who was victims in this crime spree was called down to sheriffs office low and behold all our property was returned .
it felt like a early xmas , the one 19 year old is now back in jail on drug charges so he is going away for a bit violation of probation and drug charges
just glad its over I got my tools back now I can get back to my normal routine

It appears that justice was served...apparently due at least in part to your pro-active response to the crime (and the criminals).

I am happy for you. Now have a blessed and merry Christmas!

Larry

yeeha,a merry christmas indeed,equipment back and a handsome insurance settlement on top of it.

I can't stand thieves. I just don't see how they do it. I wouldn't steal anything ever, and I only take what I earn. Where is the good old conscious in today's youth? It's just sad that this is what our great country is coming to.

Back