push ,push,push.

Gennybro

I admit ,I'm not quit right in the head by some folks standards,but I like it that way. {just a little twisted}
I'm really trying to bring attention to the jeep forum by area cause I want to take my jeep cross country on a summer road trip,and it would be great to know of interesting places to go wheeling at,and to help me plan my route,was thinking about travelling through the northern states to washington at the beginning of summer,and on the return trip to va,come back by way of the southern states in late fall. any input from jeepers in all states would be appreciated.

Sounds like an awesome trip, I could give you some ideas for when you pass through the Midwest (Indiana, Illinois, Missouri), maybe across I-70 to access most parks in this area. Maybe you could get Jeepz members to accompany you at each park.

Sounds like an awesome trip, I could give you some ideas for when you pass through the Midwest (Indiana, Illinois, Missouri), maybe across I-70 to access most parks in this area. Maybe you could get Jeepz members to accompany you at each park.
Thanks, hopefully i'll be contacting you on some suggestions when I start this little adventure. I havent been on a road trip in 5 yrs now,and Im looking forward to it,and maybe meeting other jeepz members along the way. Its a big country out there and I want to see it.
My last road trip I went to arizona,when I got to denver colorado,I took 25 south to alburkerkee nm, I loved that stretch of road,I was like on a natural high going from the rockies and seeing the messas as I headed south into new mexico,I had never been west before,think it turned me into a road junkie,did that trip in a plymouth horizon.
When I got this jeep,told myself it's gotta go cross country.If only once, it's gotta go.

you'll have to go through san antonio or northwards to find any 4x4 in texas. nothing here in corpus but beaches and girls

Beaches and girls sound like a nice challenge,never had the jeep in the sand yet.What tire pressure would ya use for operating in the sand? I have 33x12.5 tires.

If you come through FL in the Spring (May), you gotta do Jeep Beach in Daytona Beach. If you make it down here in October, try Jeeptoberfest in Ocala.

For things other than wheeling down here, there's the ride down A1A from St. Augustine to Ormond Beach.

Gennybro, imho, 4psi is way low for the sand in florida I have encountered. I wheel 33X12.5X15. I run at 30-32 psi constantly. soft sand I may spin a little more than usual but it works.

I have the same size tires,I lowered the tire pressure down to 28 psi. I was haveing a problem with the jeep feeling like it was drifting on the road.lowered it down to 28 psi and it seemed to help it considerably. I thought 4 psi was mighty low ,but since I had never done it, I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks yall for the pointers on points of interest,gotta write them down in a notebook for refrence. Maybe, if I get enough data from points across the country,I'll post them on jeepz.com so in the event folks are gonna travel they can get an idea on what is out there.

The Forbidden Zone.
Thanks,got it located with the help of this here computor, Guess I'm a little bit of a hillbilly redneck that finally bought a computor in jan 2010 and is still learning how to use it. Now just gotta figure out how to store the info I get from this site ,to an easily accesable area.Maybe jeepz .com would be interested in helping out with that if I get enough info from folks across the U.S.A.

I wheel on the beach all the time, I run 4 psi, never spin a tire.

I also run 4 psi on the trail

With that low of air pressure,would bead lockers be required? I dont know how far ya can push the lowering of air pressure before the tire comes off the rim.

On the trail, yes bead locks are needed, with out beadlocks on the trail, I wouldn't go under 8-9 psi but in sand no run em as low as possible.

If you have a certain wideth tire (12.5" wide for example) on a "offroad" correct wideth rim (7-8" wide,) then you can run low pressure, putting a 12.5" wide tire on a 10" rim, low pressure usage is pretty much negated.

Good luck with your trip.

thanks for the info,the more information gathered from folks from all over the usa ,the better. Not only for me trying to map out a road trip for next year,but it would benefit everybody to get an idea whats out there off the beaten path. Fun begans where the asphalt ends. Jeep,best off road transpo since the dawn of time.

Same place I was referring to. Here is me in my old Sport Trac there.

image-missing.png

Back