Theres a time warner van stuck in my driveway

Jeepster05

I just looked out the window and saw a huge cable van spinning mud on the side of my driveway :lol: I should probably ask him if he needs me to pull him out but i'll just let him suffer for a while. :-D Plus my jeeps broken haha. I'll pull em out with the ricer :lol: [addsig]

lol... be sure to bitch him out for ruining your grass! :)

i'd just let him stay there for a while...[addsig]

Lawn repair should get you about 2 years of free cable with all the chanels. Raise hell and make em an off to settle out of court by provideing you with free cable. I would, what do you have to loose. tug :evil: [addsig]

Jeez tug isn't that a little extreme lol. I'm glad nobody goes and sues me everytime i kick up a little mud. :lol: [addsig]

we are talking cable company here do you know of anyone that charges more for less in the world than the cable company. Cable is so worthless and yet we pay through the nose to watch reruns. I dont see it as extrem at all. But to each his own! Tug[addsig]

I eventually went down to help pull the guy out (he ran over my mail box and a light) He had a van like his come and park in front of him and tied to him with......take a guess....yes thats right cable wire hahaha :lol: . This stuff snapped like dental floss. I felt a little sorry for them after that so I went and got a strap from my jeep and tied it on for them. Things worked and they left after doing a little reconstructive surgery on my yard with a shovel. :lol: [addsig]

He was here to fix my POS roadrunner thing. I swear they have to come out once a month to fix that thing. [addsig]

Mail box and light plus yard damage I know i would have free cable. :evil: hehehehe Tug[addsig]

Tug,
Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but don't you think that its thoughts and ways of thinking like that which put the cable bills so high?? If everytime the cable company did something to someone's yard or mailbox and had to give free cable or some kind of monetary settlement, just think how much it would cost the rest of us.

Its frivilous lawsuits and complaints like that which make some things in our world so expensive. I know this probably sounds like me pissin and moanin but one thing that I can't stand to see is people getting massive amounts of monetary rewards for their own stupidy (i.e.-driving drunk, getting into an accident, then putting a lawsuit against the state because a sign wasn't exactly placed right for a turn) or people getting rewarded for something as small as a yard getting torn up. I say as long as the ruts are not permanent and they bought a new mailbox if necessary, then all is good. Those are my feelings on that, sorry to vent- just a sore subject with me-

-I am not against lawsuits that have a good and just cause to seek reward.... just sick and tired of seeing people getting millions of dollars for their own stupidy....[addsig]

Mail box and light plus yard damage I know i would have free cable. hehehehe Tug

Do you really think I was serious. Would I pay a lawyer mega bucks to cover a cheap a$$ed mail box, grass seed, and some urban yard light. I was just yanking the chain a little. The Cable has so much money that they would have their big time lawyers laughing at the suite if it ever got that far.

None the less I hate cable company's. I do not see how they are able to charge $44.00 for basic cable as they do here. For what reruns? I hate the Phone Company! and several other comerical rip offs.

Sometimes I like to kick a bees nest. Do I get stung sometimes, sure. Is it fun always. I agree it is an over used practice to use law to settle things that should be handled eye to eye, like this! I made a joke in bad taste and Jeepster05 did not like it.
Why were they in your yard to begin with. The road works alot better for vans
Great Question Why were they in your yard!

I swear they have to come out once a month to fix that thing.
another good question Why can't they fix it.

Then me again. Please note the "hehehehe :evil:"

It is all good! You feel better now! I am ok. I am sorry to set off your fuse! Still friends I hope! To answer your question about why the cable company has to charge so much? I know it is not because of me posting what i thought on Jeepz.com that did it. I also don't think any law suites did it either. And to close on this sillyness I bet no word will ever come to jeepster05 of thanks or can we fix the yard back, from the cable company or the driver unless requested by him. Later Tug[addsig]

Just to further clarify what I said earlier- its not that I am opposed to people going after some kind of reward for damages they suffered. What I AM opposed to are the people who go after millions of dollars for no permanent damage that they incured. I have a good friend of mine who had a very legidiment reason to go after a couple of people in an accident that he was in. I know he went through a lot more than what some people do, (i.e.- the lady who spilled the coffee on her lap at McD's? come on now.... :roll: is that worth millions??) Believe me, I fully believe that people who suffer should get some kind of reward for their suffering.

-I just get sick of stupid people being rewarded for their stupidity, of people who sue at the smallest thing and thus make the prices for services or products higher for the rest of us 'smart' people.

-Didn't mean to turn this into a debate or anything, but it is kinda fun to see where these threads go.... :) [addsig]

How 'bout the jackass claiming that fast food made him fat? And he didn't know about it. Right. You gain 100lbs and don't know what's up? People face the responsibility and take some accountability. We're not 18 anymore. And if you are...that's no excuse. So long story short...T-bone that damn van...then pull it out...then T-bone it again.[addsig]

well you see natty, he didnt THINK he would get fat. he ordered his 2 big macs, large fries, and a couple apple pie thingys a day but he got the DIET coke!!!! i mean logically when you take care of yourself like that and drink the diet stuff, he was obviously wronged my McDonalds lol. :p that man should be banned from all restaurants.[addsig]

That sort of stupid crap does piss me off. That is, the guy suing McDonald's and all. Maybe he'll try and sue a gym for not having a drive through thus causing him to get fat. There's also the sofa company, the remote control manufacturers, et. al. and maybe even Mother Nature since she's responsible for the gravity that apparently kept his behind on the couch.

However, the other thing that pisses me off even more is people who rip you off. I'm a plaintiff right now in a suit, along with some other investors, against some crooks who are basically robbing us without a gun. Sad part is, the laws and processes generally favor crooks as opposed to honest people trying to abide by the laws. Our plaintiff group has collectively spent tens of thousands so far and many, many hours of time, yet we're still getting ripped off and this could go for many more months. I'm convinced many of the the laws and enforcement processes in our country absolutely suck!!

I'm seriously thinking of breaking the very same contracts to put US on the advantageous side from a monetary standpoint and let the crooks sue us to try to right any wrongs and so they can waste their time and money!!! Our attorney says he wants all "fingers" pointing at them. Problem is, it's been over 7 months now, maybe all "fingers" are pointing at them...but they're still ripping us off and we're still paying attorney's fees to fight it. I'll point a finger at 'em alright...my middle one. :evil: Afterall, that's money that could go toward my Jeep!!

edited by: phillika, May 22, 2003 - 04:02 AM[addsig]

Back