Camping w/ the Jeep

My setup. Nice light 16 ft trailer. Weighs about 1900 lbs loaded. Cruise and 65 all day long. Warm and dry lol. I take small tent incase we wind up in trouble somewhere.

Attachments

• image-4058660735.jpg
    image-4058660735.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 6,675
Four comfortably. Can sleep six its a king bed in front with a double fold out bunk. Paid 200 for the trailer.

You seen the new jeep camper trailers chrysler is offering. Google it they are kinda cool.

No the roof leaked a bit so i had to repair the roof. Changed a bit inside. Painted it etc. Spend about another 200 on it to get it nice.

Almost every weekend. Just got back from a week long trip. Its -25 here. Lol. Nothin better than huge fire and a warm trailer with a dvd at night lol.

Lol it was cold but it was a good trip. Caught lots of big fish.

I love that camper, that's the next toy I want. That's about the size I want too. Nice Jeep by the way. You ever think about putting 33's and a lift on the camper to match your Jeep? LOL

It would be a lot of work to fit 33's on that trailer..lol

What type of Jeep do you have jackflack44?

I wouldn't suggest such a big trailer for a wrangler.

I am look for at few small pop-up campers that way around 900 pounds.This way my TJ can handle it,hopefully.

I have a TJ 2.5L, I was thinking a pop up as well but I'm always interested in seeing other peoples setups!
Check out www.trailmasterinc.com I've got the Aspen model & I love it. I pull it with my CJ & can trail it on mild two-track trails with no problems. I'll post pictures when I can find some to download.

That's pretty cool, do you have stock tires and stuff on the pop-up?
My trailer came with the 12" wheels...13"wheels were available ,but only in chrome. When I first got it I thought about lifting it & it seems like it wouldn't be too difficult,but I never had a clearance problem so I never got around to it. It's light enough to tow anywhere,I even tow it with my ATV to take it back the a campsite on my property. Sets up & comes down easy with a little practice & plenty of room for 2.

We have been using tent cots. We originally used the double tent cot but it was uncomfortable for me and is for sale. We are currently using two single tent cots, one standard and one oversize. They fit on my rack better and seem to be more comfy than the double. They set up quick are good in the rain and keep you off the ground for a more comfortable sleep IMHO. The double is 54 inches wide when folded and weighs around 50 pounds. Was almost sticking out the sides so we were concerned with it getting hung up and damaged. Didn't happen but am much more comfortable with the singles as they don't seem to get mixed up in the trees as much. Only shot of my standard cot.

Last edited:
Back