Jeepz + Dogz

Jason4x4

I've read a couple threads on here talking about "Jeep Dogs" and I had a question - my wife and I recently adopted a dog from the humane society and I'm just wondering if those of you who wheel with dogs could let me know what your preferred method of restraining the dog is? She loves to ride around town in the Jeep - I fold the rear seat forward and she can walk around the back and get up on the wheel wells and she can see out very well. I'm just worried if we went wheeling about her being thrown around and/or if we were to roll...just wondering what others do. Also what about when the top is down?? Anything I can do to keep her in the Jeep?

My rottie has been wheelin since he was a pup about 3 months , now he knows on the trails he sits in the back and knows not to jump around and knows he needs to sit and stay , it takes a little patience and a lot of training to get the perfect wheelin dog now he has as much fun as I do , he now is 8 years old and is my best Bud

I have 2 dogs...an 8yr old Lab/Setter & a 2yr old Sheppard/Visala. I have dog seat belts that clip to their harnesses & then buckle into seatbelt buckle. They both LOVE to ride in the Jeep & I don't have to worry about them bouncing around.

Back