Podcast

A podcast (or non-streamed webcast) is a series of digital media files (either audio or video) that are released episodically and often downloaded through web syndication. The word usurped webcast in common vernacular, due to rising popularity of the iPod and the innovation of web feeds.

The mode of delivery differentiates podcasting from other means of accessing media files over the Internet, such as direct download, or streamed webcasting. A list of all the audio or video files currently associated with a given series is maintained centrally on the distributor's server as a web feed, and the listener or viewer employs special client application software known as a podcatcher that can access this web feed, check it for updates, and download any new files in the series. This process can be automated so that new files are downloaded automatically. Files are stored locally on the user's computer or other device ready for offline use, giving simple and convenient access to episodic content.[1][2] Commonly used audio file formats are Ogg Vorbis and MP3. In many respects, this is closer to traditional publishing models associated with books and magazines (as opposed to radio, which uses a live stream).

so it not only works on ipods though, right? even android users can receive since the modes of delivery are not ipod specific?

what is usually talked about on these casts? is it like a talk show where someone just covers a certain topic or a few topics in a certain amount of time?

i am not a talk show or radio talk person so this is probably not for me. i actually could live without tv and radio. i like the internet because of useful it is when searching for info

superj said:
so it not only works on ipods though, right? even android users can receive since the modes of delivery are not ipod specific?

what is usually talked about on these casts? is it like a talk show where someone just covers a certain topic or a few topics in a certain amount of time?

i am not a talk show or radio talk person so this is probably not for me. i actually could live without tv and radio. i like the internet because of useful it is when searching for info

It will work on anything running iTunes. It's hard to say what's talked about because there is almost a podcast on almost every topic. But the only jeep show that there is is for jk owners. Which is lame in my opinion.

ya. maybe a yj person just hasn't started one? the jk are newer and you know lots of yuppie people will have them since jeeps put you higher up the cool list then lots of cars. yj are older and attract more people who like less electronic junk or people who don;t have the money for a newer jeep so they might not have the podcast stuff either?

But to cast, don't you need something else?

I have no ipod. My oldest son does but to me, if I can't turn on a radio then I am probably doing something that requires full concentration. Good ol' frequency modulation has always worked fine for me

superj said:
But to cast, don't you need something else?

I have no ipod. My oldest son does but to me, if I can't turn on a radio then I am probably doing something that requires full concentration. Good ol' frequency modulation has always worked fine for me

Just a video camera it's all free to post

start it up man. you can be the one for the yj people to listen to then. all i know is i have itunes on my laptop because it is how my son puts music on his pod

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I had the same feelings as you. Why hasn't anyone started a podcast about Jeeps? Well I went and did it! If you're interested in checking it out its at the4x4podcast.com. And I just recently posted episode 5! bit.ly/q8gayR

Check it out and let me know what you think!

so, i just load it on my ipod? i bought an ipod for when i am sitting in meetings trying o stay awake. i play solitaire and learn spanish, ha ha ha.

just to clarify not all podcasts come from iTunes. I've played plenty of podcasts on WMP. but to answer yea just put the file in iTunes and you can listen to it just like any other song.

I went to the site but didn't do the dl yet. Got stuff to do this morning, unfortunately.

We got an emergency call last night to active our recall rosters and let everyone know to not come into work today because of a huge water leak. 2 foot of water in the shops

Buck hour said:
Hahahaha that's easy switch to a cj

Can't be done....its that square/round headlights issue

Sent from my Android using Jeepz

Back