I thought I was gonna punch someone today

volaredon

So, I have returned to college full time; after being away since the '80s; my Wrangler has been eating ALOT of salt in the 80-some mile daily round trip; so today, I decided that I'd better take it to the car wash;
Now in the 11 years of owning my TJ, I have washed it ALOT; often in this same kind of automatic car wash.
but today was different; I took it to a small "chain" car wash here in the SW chicago Suburbs, a place I had gone before (just not "this" location, I used others of this company)
This is one of those taht has the automatic car wash with attendants at both ends to vacuum, do windows and interior, and basically ride along while it goes thru the wash; they do the dash and inside windows while the wash rach does the outside, then attendants at the other end wipe them dry;
well I pulled up and told the guy "OUTSIDE ONLY" (it;s winter, not too worried about the interior til the slop is gone) and that "It's a Stick"; he said "I do this all the time" and hands me a ticket;
so I go inside and walk to the other end of the rack, to the pay counter;
as I walk back to the beginning (they have a "showroom with windows so you can watch as your car goes down the line) I hear a straight 6 WAILING.... and look out to see MY Jeep, with a driver front wheel that "jumped" the rail; HOW? and the wailing engine? They had it in Reverse with the LR wheel spinning aimlessly; so I went out to the rack and yelled out WHAT THE HE!! ARE YOU DOING TO MY JEEP!? as I got in and put it in 4WD thinking I'd back it over the rail; some buy in a black leather coat comes by, speaking very broken English, "GET OUT OF CAR..... GET OUT OF CAR....." what hs he talking about; it's MY JEEP and I sure didn't "park" it there" so they shut the line down and 3 guys pick up on the bumper and they get it back in the track; and the black coated guy takes me out the end of the chute, to tell me that "Your alignment's out; those are the only cars that ever do this"; Huh? it's pushed thru by a conveyor pushing against the tires, I have never heard of such a thing.... and I was a professional alignment guy for what... only 18 years!? I have access to a school shop alignment rack and still do my own.... and have owned this TJ since Y2K.... my tires are wearing great, it always drove fine and this azz claims I have a bad alignment? My question is still; what part of "outside Wash ONLY" don't you understand??? Why was anyone even in the Jeep, as it went thru the rack? No offer of a free wash or detail, nothing... the azz said I was "lucky" that it didn't damage "his" equipment" like that was MY fault if it would have? HIS people were running MY jeep thru HIS equipmnt; how am I "lucky"?????
from what I could understand of the broken English, he said "I do that"; where; they have a wash rack and an oil change place.... I don't see a tire shop or repair facility.....

I understand you wanting to slap the stupid outta this guy but there probably wouldn't be much left if you did. Sounds like he doesn't need your business. I wonder how many people saw that and decided they weren't coming back.

Wow!! Good for you for not cracken that guy it the face. Thats bogus! Was the wash on golf rd?
No; it was on US 45 aabout 1-12/ mi south of 80 in Mokena.
I have used this same company's wash on SW highway in Palos, as well as the new one at 156th and Harlem not sure which town that is considered, that's either Orland park or Tinley Park, and the one on Cicero just north of 30; all owned by the same company....
I wanted to say that one my Jeep does need is an oil change; this outfit always has the car wash and a quick lube side by side and hoping to at least get that done for my problems; but I wouldn't trust them, I'd be afraid they'd not do it right and I'd wind up with a seized 4.0 out of it.....
the azz in the leatehr jacket did say, after the 1st of about 20 times of claiming my alignment's bad, that "I do that"... after he saw what I did when I realized he screwed up a simple car wash, he must be totally wacked to even think I'd let him "do that".......

The only time any of my vehicles get washed is when it rains . . . BY the rain.:-|

But then again, mine only get a good coat of dirt on them, not salt.:lol:

Back