What axel

spymonkey360

So i was wondering what axels to use in my 94 yj. I want to extend the wheel base without using wheel spacers, but i also want something that will stand up to the rigors of rock crawlin. Any ideas?

How big tires you wanting to run? Im assuming its going to be a rock crawler, will it be driven daily? What size motor?

currently running 33s but once i put a 350 or a 454 ( not yet decided) i will be running somewhere around 40s. and
yes it is a daily driver

the 350 deal is going to cost alot because i have to get everything sepertaly, but the 454 i can usea wrecked gmc 2500 wth EVERYTHING except the front axel

they 350 swap isnt all that exspensive i reused my transfer case and my axles with an addapter plate from advanced adaptors to put the th350 to the dana 300 tc

spymonkey360 said:
the 350 deal is going to cost alot because i have to get everything sepertaly, but the 454 i can usea wrecked gmc 2500 wth EVERYTHING except the front axel

You should definatly use Dana 60's!! Either that or a 14 bolt rear and 60 front. Either way your stock axles will not hold up to that

I know that the dana 35 is a weaker axel so i am planning a axle swap reguardless of the motor. the only reason i am even considering the 454 is because it hasengine, transmission transfercase, and best of all the wiring and computer....i reeeealy want to stay with fuel injection because of the incline isues of a carb........oh yea, my ax-15 needs to be rebuilt anyway so its easier and cheaper to swap transmissions any how

Back