Warning Ticket!

C

cjstk95

I got a warning ticket for speeding.
Does it affect my driving official record?
I am wondering about it.​

If it's a warning most likely not but if it's an actual speeding ticket then most likely yea

Nope unless you get an actual speeding ticket. I got one last month going 79 on a 55mph zone. I think he was more worried that i had 3 firearms with me at the time. After writing me the warning ticket, he followed me from a distance for around 2 miles before he disappeared in the dark.

Just be careful... last time that happened to me, it took 2 years of getting pulled over, and a crapload of court before they finally left me alone. I eventually just had to move away.

a warning wont affect your record but now they will watch for ya and then u will end up with a ticket they r funny that way

Some agencies keep track of warnings and should you be stopped again it could show up that you had a warning, may make a difference the next time.

Some agencies keep track of warnings and should you be stopped again it could show up that you had a warning, may make a difference the next time.

Exactly. But the warning itself won't be reported to your insurance or count as points on your license or anything like that. That's why they call it a warning ;).

Exactly. But the warning itself won't be reported to your insurance or count as points on your license or anything like that. That's why they call it a warning ;).

Just who would be reporting the incident to your insurance? I don't think they get a report. Do they?

Yep, they do that here in Texas. Once the officer pulls you over, your LP and DL# get's in the system to check your status. Funny story though about a year ago, a friend of mine from the Texas dept. of public safety just got his Tough Book laptop installed in his squad car. He was showing me how it works and all the cool stuff he can do with it including the swipe feature for the drivers license. Out of curiosity, i asked him how fast the system works, so he told me to hand him my drivers license and he swiped it on the computer. It took less than a minute to get all the information back. I was impressed until an hour later when he called me on my cell phone saying that his computer gave me a ticket:cry:. I asked him what was my violation and he said "Speeding":???:, huh?, apparently, on his way to see me that morning, he pulled over a guy for speeding but gave him a verbal warning and forgot to clear his computer and when he swiped my license, the computer wrote me the ticket for the guys offense. He got it all cleared that day with his Seargent and had to trace all the paperworks in their office and squash it. Lesson learned here.

Back