New and need advice please!

Jeep4Me123

Sooo here's my story... A little back I got my license and was stoked (and still am) to get to drive my dads 04' Rubicon as my car for the most part. I'm hooked on jeeps now and would like to get one for my self. Not having a bunch of money at hand I want to buy a jeep for my self that I can fix up, somewhat a project jeep but not one that I am not going to be able to finish and going to have to spend a lot of money on. So that my master plan but I have a problem.. I have no idea where to start with this, I have been researching and stuff but still I want an some advice from some true jeep owners on where to go with this, good makes? Models? Years? Everything and anything would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

It took me about 10 years to finally get my first jeep. Not the most encouraging thought, I know, but what im trying to get at is: when the right one comes along...it will be yours. To say a specific make or model would just be a big fat lie. A jeep is a jeep is a jeep. They are all great and good. They all have character. And every single one of em has potential. As far as the project thing goes, they are all that too. I think the ever changing process is something that will never really reach an end. You will always have that thirst for bigger, badder, and better. You just need to save your cash for the ultimate goal of the first step ( buying one ) and the rest will be history. I personally would recommend saving about 4 or 5k and getting an older YJ or cm and going from there.... so there you have it. Most likely not what you were looking for, but I hope it helps.

Thank you very much, that truly helps a lot. I'm going to go with your "save 5k" idea and go from there, sounds pretty solid and can't go wrong with that. Once again thanks!

Back