Legal areas question.

In Riverside County, California, you WILL get a ticket unless you have with you written permission of the landowner.

Get permission and know where you are at. Every time an offroader does something like trespass, it makes it really tough for future offroaders.

I highly recommend not offroading just because 'there ain't no sign' saying otherwise. You give offroading a very bad name by damaging private property and can be arrested even if it's not posted.

If you value your right to offroad on public lands, don't break the law by offroading where it isn't allowed, all you do is make it harder to fight for legal land access.

There's no public ground for offroading in this County and you don't see the sides of the road littered with No Trespassing signs. Have more common sense.

I would absolutely NEVER do it on any kind of private property. Where I am there are so many places right off the side of highways and other roads that are frequently used by all kinds of ORVs and usually where it is not welcomed, there is a sign of some sort. Of course, idaho is a lot different than most states when it comes to things like that. Folks around here really care about the land and being able to use it to its full advantage, whether it be hunting, hiking, mountain biking, or any other kind of recreation. I guess ultimately, it really just depends on where you are. Idaho is basically just one big park. We are pretty lucky that way.

I wasn't referring to private property bounty hunter. I was referring to stuff alongside the highway, public land.

Yeah...seems like he got a little bit testy and condescending for a minute there. I don't think any of us were talking about private property, or trying to purposely break any laws.

Yeah, he definitely did, however I think he's a cop, so I can understand his frustration in being a Jeeper and trying to remain within the law. However I didn't appreciate the mockery. I may be from Texas but I "ain't" ignorant.

He didnt say anything derogative... He just stated that in his personal opinion that you shouldnt... It gives outsiders a bad opinion... The government is more out to illegalize offroading right now more than ever.. So by respecting the land the tree huggers will stay off our backs thus allowing us to be allowed on more government owned land

I understand where he's coming from, and respect his position, just didn't like the tone if you will.
I didn't even notice you're from TX, so there was no intent at mockery. I'd recommend not trying to read tone from black and white on a web forum, it's often times wrong.

Like was mentioned above, I'm not aware of how public land is situated alongside roadways in Idaho or Texas or anywhere else. I can only speak for here, and if you get off the road, damaging the ditches is State Property and everything is private beyond that.

You may be better off asking jeepers in your specific area.

I too am sorry for any misunderstandings...the last thing in the world that I want is bad blood...especially on Jeepz.

I once got a criminal tresspassing ticket, there were no posted or stay out signs. The cop said " if its not your land and you dont know who owns it then dont ride on it, and if you have to doubt whether it is legal or not it's probably not" he was kind of a d*ck. But oh well live and learn.

Rdtj- my only concern is was it enjoyable? Sometimes I feel it would be worth it

It was freakin awesome, probably one of my best times wheeling ever!!! but im not sure it was worth 1,300 dollars.
But it was awesome:shades::p:lol:

before Europeans, owning N. American land was a moot point.
it's entirely possible in 2011 to think different than social laws and penalties and still be in good graces with your conscience.

I think there's a difference between spinning tires/making a mess like an immature pig and doing a therapy woods run with respect and self control.

the question is: just what do you intend to do if you leave the road?

if your inner child intends to cause damage, then other people have a legitimate say so.

If you are uncertain on whether a piece of land is legal for passage, it probably is not. In the entire state of massachusetts there is only one legal public OHV trail left, (not including the beaches since you need to pay $150 for a 3 day permit)and this is pretty much because idiots that decided to just wheel and if I get caught I will just get a warning, got caught. Public land has been getting shut down across the country at an astonishing rate, only takes one ****ed off person to call their state reps. Be part of the solution, not the problem

Back