Time to paint my YJ

What color for my YJ?

• Total voters

TwistedCU

I looked long and hard for my YJ. I wanted the early Sahara package. Loved the color scheme and trim, but my once pretty Jeep is now in need of paint and I am not spending $3K-$4K at a shop for a sweet paint job on something I am going to scratch up on trails.

That said, I am going to rough sand the paint, get out a few rust spots, and paint it with an epoxy paint that I plan to roll on. Before you scoff at that, it's not a show Jeep, and the finish I am going to use is thick and hard as a rock. A friend did his like that years ago and it looked great, but that's not why I am posting this.

I am posting because I want you all to help me pick a color for my baby. Keep in mind I have a "sand" hard top (light tan) and the Khaki soft top (not made anymore but it's close to an OD green/brown).

Some colors on the short list are:
Olive Drab (The green one, not the older brownish one)
Dark Brown (my son's recommendation, which I like the idea as I remember Sully's CJ looking pretty nice in brown)
Black
Desert Tan

Old School Woodland Camouflage (Don't know if I have the guts or artful skill to try to make that look right)

Suggestions?

go old school do a color no one else has do your jeep in old school mopar colors like plum crazy purple or the lime green

I think it would look good dark brown personally with your current top. It would still probably look cool with a black hard top or something.

Yellow. I like yellow, eventhough I have red.

I think it would look good dark brown personally with your current top. It would still probably look cool with a black hard top or something.

I agree. When the time comes to paint mine, I'm going with a brown so dark it's almost black......always wanted a vehicle that color for some reason.

That's a TJ color UJ... as much as I love that color, I just can't.

Its not just a TJ color its a jeep color!
Just don't rule it out because someone else has it...take a long look....stare at it...picture your jeep in that fabulous color. The stares from fellow jeep owners, the comments on what a lovely color it is.

I think I'm going to paint my jeep a teal blue color the sane color poison spyder customs yj is mine is white right now, and my dad wants to paint it black white and grey camo but I'm having a hard time trusting his artistic skills. It's similar to the Smittybilt tj, but I think yellow or dark brown would look good on your jeep I almost bought a 2.5 yellow yj with a beige top and it looked good but that was before I found my white 4.0 yj :) love my baby! But black would look great on your jeep to!

Hey TC, not really a color suggestion, but a paint type suggestion, tractor supply company sells a tractor specific paint, color choices are limited (green and yellow for John Deare, Orange for Husquverna, Red for international etc..) but it has to be the most durable paint I have ever seen. you need a large orafic LPHV gun, goes on pretty thick but levels out nice, orange peal is not too bad.

best of all, pretty cheap.

Olive drab. I'm going to do Olive Drab, with orange highlights. I saw it on a bicycle and a semi, looked great.

Hey TC, not really a color suggestion, but a paint type suggestion, tractor supply company sells a tractor specific paint, color choices are limited (green and yellow for John Deare, Orange for Husquverna, Red for international etc..) but it has to be the most durable paint I have ever seen. you need a large orafic LPHV gun, goes on pretty thick but levels out nice, orange peal is not too bad.

best of all, pretty cheap.

Woah... Husky Orange... Might have something there Johnny!

Back