hi lift jacks

superj

can someone take some nice up close pics of the lifting mechanism and how the base is attached on a hi-lift manufactured jack? i see lots of other manufacturers making farm jacks but not having ever really noticed those parts on a hi lift, i don't know if they are set up the same. even harbor freight sells a farm jack but when i looked at it, the base looked to be held on very poorly but when i look at pics of hi lift manufactured jacks, the attachment point looks the same.

for the once a year i might use it, i am trying to decide if a harbor freight, lowes, home depot, or some other cheaper model will be worth it. i believe that tractor supply sells the actual hi lift version but that shop is almost an hour away where as everything else is right here, another plus for the other guys.

my jack will actually be used more around the house then on the jeep so the base being attached well is a big plus. if the hi lift is put together more soundly, i will just make the long drive to get it instead.

Using it only once per year is exactly why you want to buy a Hi-Lift brand jack. You want it to work when you need it. You might only be talking $20 or $30 difference in price, and you'll kick your self later when the cheap knock off brand fails when you need it the most.

I maded the drive and bought the hi lift brand one after the soccer game. Tractor supply had one hi lift that is about 4 feet tall and 4 of the other manufacturer brands and comparing them, the hi lift was better built. I went home and showed the wife how much easier it lifts the jeep so she wasn't complaining about the cost

Hi Lift is the only way to go when you're working on a Jeep. And they're very useful on the trail as well. If you use your Jeep enough a Hi-Lift will pay for itself over and over.

I wish it would have paid for my cracked ribs. Lol jk it was my fault it slipped. I love my high jack. Winch failed when I was all alone and The good ol hi lift got me home.

Check out the Hi-Lift web site. They have a new line of jacks for emergency type work. The video is pretty cool and gives you some ideas how the jack can be used.

With any jack, you need to be really careful. Just like being careful with a winch.

Not to be the hi lift buzz kill here, but I've had a "knock off" farm jack for about ten years. I've put it through some serious abuse, and it still works perfectly to this very day. I only recently bought a new one just for the new paint job to look better on my jeep.

I used the new hi-lift today to level my shed, well, half of my shed. I could get one side up to where it was 10 years ago, about 15" higher then now but the other side keeps breaking the posts out of the wall. I guess I am going to have to just knock it down and pour a slab for the vehicles to park on now.

That jack is pretty damn stout though. I know the shed is over the weight limit on the jack and it got it up. The jack looked like it was going to bend in half but once I released the load, its back to perfect.

I seen a hi lift used as a log splinter the other day and thought that was the coolest thing ever... I'm easily amused

Back