can't get stuck

So I've always wondered about axles. Is it like the actual axle that is weak or the axle rod. Cause this website offers a good deal on stronger axle rods with lockers

The Dana 30 is a good axle. Have had no problems. The Dana 35 I broke with 31s. Snapped an axle. Twice. So I swapped it out for a 8.25 with 29 spline axles. The Dana 35 has small tubes and they flex alot as well as pretty weak axle shafts. but I'm pretty hard on my jeep. If you do moderate wheeling and are easy on it I have seen the 35 live with 33s for a long time. I would run 35s on the Dana 30 if I install a truss kit.

The 30. All day. The 35 as long as your easy on the skinny pedal you should be ok. Doesn't hurt to carry spare axle shafts. Just in case.

i heave heard that if you go to moab and are planning on some of the harder trails, take a full tool set and spare parts with you. for now ill stick to dirt roads and call it off roading lol

Lol. Ya. I have on board air and a Chrysler parts dept in my Cherokee I find myself far far in the bush and sometimes alone. I know I know. I carry 4 of each u joint. Two tie rod ends. Heim joints for my track bar. Drive shaft yokes etc lol. I have had to weld my rear shaft with booster cables and two batteries and some arc electrodes lol. Whenever I'm prepared I don't break nothin lol. Moab would be fun. I wanna head down there next year. Make my holidays. Lol.

And my jeep is my daily driver but with 286,000 miles on it I don't think I would trust it for 2800 mile round trip.

I am convinced that jeeps cannot get stuck.....

Well, trust me, they can get stuck.......anything can. Depends on where you take it, your skill, etc., etc. Got mine stuck real deep when she was six days old.....skills obviously weren't real good. But I've got 'er stuck a couple of other times......usually driver error but a lot of "shouldn't have gone there" moments. But I'll take a Jeep over anything else.

Mine gets stuck :).... I'm running 33s with a 35 and my 30 is the one that gave Me problems

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2_19.jpg
    imagejpeg_2_19.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 142
XjShake said:
Mine gets stuck :).... I'm running 33s with a 35 and my 30 is the one that gave Me problems

Holy crap. Where do you find mud puddles that big! Or did you just decide to drive through a lake. Haha

Back