What would you do with...

ScubaDude

What would you do with 20 acres of land if you inherited it?

I would turn it into an epic off road dream.

ScubaDude said:
What would you do with 20 acres of land if you inherited it?

I would turn it into an epic off road dream.

Basically what I would do

do you think its big enough to make something good out of for an off road park? 20 acres doesn't seem like much when you tart talking about driving on it

Ya I have 80 acres and it has some trails and such but not much room for different terrain or anything really fun

If you have access to a tractor, you could make something like that into an offroad park. You'd just have to be a little creative, and waste no space. Im dreaming already.

plow it up with a tractor and flood it about 6-12 inches deep with water. let it soak in for a little bit and then charge 10 bucks admission. there is a place like that in florida they featured on bert the conqueror

It really matters where it is. A 20 acre offroad park in the North East could do OK, while 20 acres in Texas probably wouldn't be a big deal. You could make a nice rock garden with obstacles.

I would build a log cabin and make trails behind it for my jeep. =]

It really matters where it is. A 20 acre offroad park in the North East could do OK, while 20 acres in Texas probably wouldn't be a big deal. You could make a nice rock garden with obstacles.

Say its in Wisconsin and all the land around it was for sale but at a steep price.

Depends. If it could make you good coin sell it. Or if it's farm land lease it to farmers. Or if you live near it build on it. It's totally what your situation is that will determine what you do with it.

20 acre park would fail miserably I think, in the grand scheme of it, its really not a lot of land.

My club has 180 acre parcel with easy to extreme trails, and the entire property can be run in a couple hours with 10 rigs all with lockers and 35" tires, lesser equipt adds some time for stuck vehicle extractions

On the other hand, you could build.a small comp course similar to whats at rousche, I have an aquaintance that did just this, i'll look for a video of that land

Oh...in that case, I would build a house with a big ol shop, use the shop, and rent out the house.

I would sell it also, I have zero interest in living in wisconsin. 20 acres here in corpus would be devastating with taxes so I would sell it also. My little 165x100' lot with two bedroom house and garage is a little over 3k a year in taxes because corpus has super high tax rates

I didn't realize that this hypothetical situation required it to be in Wisconsin. I too, have absolutely no desire to live there. Forget the house, and the shop thing I said. I would sell it, and then buy some other property here in Idaho, and THEN build a house with a big ol jeep shop behind it. Use the shop, and rent out the house to keep some extra income rolling in to buy more, and more, and more jeeps. =D

IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH WISCONSIN

ITS ANYWHERE YOU WANT IT TO BE!

I think I am going to have a heart attack! its entirely hypothetical down to every last detail, forget I asked I just wanted to see how creative the Jeepz community is.

If you want to see how creative jeepers can be, you should just look at their rides. Pretty creative if you ask me.

tjlboise said:
If you want to see how creative jeepers can be, you should just look at their rides. Pretty creative if you ask me.

I agree. I think everyone who has purchased a jeep just thinks on higher levels than most. =]

Back