Who has the craziest violation in their Jeep?

83CJ701DakRT

I haven't had any tickets or anything in my CJ7 yet, but it's going to happen sometime. I've taken mine out a few times now, but it's still very non-complient with the word street legal. For the most part it looks legal, but it lacks seat belts, windshield glass, insurance, registration, plates, exhaust, and several other little stuff. I was just wondering what kinda crap everyone else has gotten themselves into in their Jeeps...Michael[addsig]

nothin' as of yet. (knock on wood)... i've certainly been involved in a bunch of activities but haven't been busted yet. one time i was called upon by a friend who robbed a liquor store and was running on foot to evade police. i went by and picked him up. :)

other than that, i could probably just get a bunch of tresspassing/vandalism charges from offroading.[addsig]

other than that, i could probably just get a bunch of tresspassing/vandalism charges from offroading.

It's activities like those that give jeepin, and wheelin in general, a bad name. And we wonder why we have a hard time convincing private land owners that we are a responsible group and really should be given access to property :-x [addsig]

Dingus, I got to say this, I know you don´t want to hear it. But you probably should have driven your buddy straight to the police station. In the long run it might save his life, I put a magnum round ( one round two robbers) through two robbers who came in without masks. Figured if they weren`t wearing masks, they didin´t have any plans for witneeses. Didn´t even give them a chance to say give me your money, saw the gun and shot them. They both lived, but were messed up really bad forever.

That said, anything as fun as off roading, has to be immoral. Consider the ticket your pennance, pay your fine, say your Hail Marys and go have some more fun.

Just keep in the back of your mind, to avoid permanat damage to the landscape. That´s why riverbottoms and mud is so much fun, the tire marks rarley last through a complete year.[addsig]

I don't plan on ever being violated in my Jeep :lol: [addsig]

oh no... don't get me wrong. i don't offroad illegally any more, now that rob has introduced me to paragon. i have, but that was only when i first got my jeep. and that kid i picked up got caught anyways... i didn't save him from anything except walking all the way home. the police were knocking on his door that night. the only ticket i've ever gotten was for neons on my honda *ducks for cover* :) lol

actually, now that i think about it... i had my jeep up at the haunted (burnt down and deserted) high school in lambertville, NJ... i had 6 people in my XJ. me, my GF, 3 of my friends, and one of hers. we were just rolling around the school in my jeep and when we were leaving we saw 2 cop cars blocking us in. he ordered me out of the car and i emptied my pockets onto my hood. no goodies for him yet. he then proceded to search all of my passengers. he then made me stand with my hands on my hood (in the icy snow, good thing my engine was running... it kept my hands warm! :) anyways, supposedly we were guilty of "criminal trespassing" and the cops were "allowed" to search our car. they found: 2 bottles of beer (unopened), one 4" bladed knife, assorted illegal fireworks from down south, baseball bats (for protection :)), a big powerful spotlight, and the cop even thought my handheld CB was a police scanner until i inturrupted his spiel and told him otherwise. i told the cop up front when he was searching my Jeep where everything was, so because of my up front-honesty, and the fact that we didn't have any "dope" (as he called it) he let us all go. quite a night.

PS. a little side note. between my friend (who has a 94 GC) and i, our jeeps have been searched by law enforcement 3 times. they have NEVER thought to lift up the backseat. NEVER. its a great hiding place for anyone interested. ;-)

edited by: dingus, Mar 03, 2003 - 01:56 PM[addsig]

Dingus, don't give away ALL your secrets to the other side :lol:

The way you worded it sounded like trespassing was an ongoing past-time. Hell, most everybody has a past, it's part of the learning curve, doing something stupid and getting caught, mental note not to do that again :-D [addsig]

oh, don't worry... i only give away secrets that the police already know about. i'm not that dumb. :) lol...[addsig]

My only Jeep violation was for Public Uglyness and Refuseing to Fight! hehehe Tug[addsig]

Haven't had any except a speeding ticket. My Jeeping experience has been fairly eventless in the violation department (knock on wood).

For whatever it's worth, when I got that ticket, I was in a bad enough mood that when the cop asked me if I had a reason for speeding, possibly offering an olive branch, I just looked at him a sneered "No." (Translation: Just gimme my d*mn ticket and leave me alone.) He did.

edited by: phillika, Mar 04, 2003 - 12:10 AM[addsig]

I have had 2 run ins with the law in my jeep. The first was really really dumb. It was about 3 am and I was heading over to a friends house. I was driving through a residential area and all of the sudden there are cop lights behind me. I was like "Oh shiza what have I done now..."

Well I pulled it over and the cop walks up and says the old familiar line. "Do you know why I pulled you over?"...I so wanted to say, "No, do you?" but instead chose to be respectful and replied, "I dunno was I speeding?" The cop replied, "How fast were you going?"...."about 30mph" I replied. "Isn't the speed limit here like 30 or 35?" Then he decides to tell me what I did.

"Actually I pulled you over because you were driving in the middle of the street. You need to stay on your lane of the street."

(This was a residental street with cars parked on both sides all up and down the street...I had to drive in the middle of the street to avoid them)

He didn't write me a ticket or warning or anything...just ran my name. He asked where I was going and I said I was going to so and so's house. He said to me, "Well he ain't gonna be there. I just arrested him about 15mins ago." (Apparently my friend had an old warrant out that had not been cleared and got picked up AGAIN for it.)

My friend later told me the cop pulled him over for driving in the middle of the street and found the warrant. I helped his GF get him bailed out...cost her $200.

I think that the cops here are just bored or something hehe.

The other time I got a ticket for offroading on state park land. I didn't notice that they had closed the area to ORV's...it had been open before but I hadn't been down there in a year or so. There was a sign but it was small and I missed it and a passing ranger caught me within minutes of me going off road. $100 fine...I took it to the judge and explained my situation but he still stuck me with the fine. F***ing pisses me off when I think about that one.[addsig]

There was a stretch (one end) of a public beach, that butted up against some cliffs and was pretty rocky. I used to run my dogs there, because the beach was narrow, the tide came in and washed away any land mines they left behind, and there were few people. Pulled into a giant parking lot, along a street four cars wide and noticed the whole area was posted, no parking at anytime. Looked up on the cliffs, to the rich peoples houses built up there, wondering just how greedy somebody could be. When I noticed, the signs all had a little arrow pointed in towards the street. :-D Parked my Jeep on the sand side of the sign. Police weren´t impressed, wrote me a ticket anyway. But I did notice, the next time I parked down there, the arrow pointed both directions. :p
Every time I had an extra $30 bucks, I´d go walk my dogs down there. After about, $600 dollars worth of tickets, I got a summons to appear. Judge (not a bad type) asked what was up. I said I´d been walking my dogs down there for twenty years, my mother walked her dogs down there for forty, I figure we were first. And if the rich carpet baggers, could afford, to put up all the signs and buy the police force, I could afford a $30 dollar dog walking fee. From the way his eyes popped open, and his ears smoked, I think I´d hit a nerve.
They changed all the signs to tow away zone.[addsig]

Dang Mudder you are my hero! I love it yet Judges hate it when you wave logic under the noises of the court. It makes sence and was only fair but you did not have greese to keep the wheels of justice turning like the folks on the hill. tug[addsig]

I got pulled over for excessive nosie violation...It wasnt my exhaust or my stereo it was my tires ????? what kinda B/S is that I went talked to the judge and he still enforced the ticket and I was fined 175.00 what a joke.............for my tires they said I was disturbing the peace??????????? um ------ ok??? :-x [addsig]

Quit doing burnouts
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Coming back from my local Steak n' Shake one morning (Chuck & Ray know how late I stay up) I was cruising "The Strip" on my way home. I turned off onto main st. when I got the ol' red and blue behind me. I pull it over, and did all the usual steps (shut off the engine, turn on the dome light... ya know). When the officer came to my window, he asked me the normal questions. Then he asked me the one important question: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

Being the wise one of the clan I simply answered "No". He said that I crossed the yellow line on a 5 lane road. He then asked if I had any weapons in the Jeep. "unless you're scared of an auto dustbuster, the no" and that he could search my Jeep. So as I'm standing in the rain/snow he goes through my Jeep, bit by bit. He finally said it was ok to come back over. He gave me a warning and told me to get some coffee at 7-11.

Other than that I was pulled over for my pass. side headlight being up a little too high. :lol: [addsig]

Back