What kind of gun do you have?

extra-medium

Just curious if there is a big interest in guns on here. Seeing as most everyone likes being out doors in their rigs, how many people here have guns and what do you have?

I don't have one right now, used to have a Ruger mini-14 .223, but I sold it a few years back cause I needed the money.

I have not hunted in years,I was low man on the totem pole and could not get time of of work.Now I am in the middle and have full intentions on hunting this year.

So I picked up a Marlin 925M .22 mag to start off with.Small game season is the first to come in so may as well start there.

Not bad. I'm not a fan of 22's but they are good for hunting small game. I'm looking to get a smaller gun for concealed carry, either the Kel-Tec PF-9 or the Cobra Patriot 9mm or 45.

I have an AK-47, Styer M9-A1 9mm, 2 hunting shotguns (12ga, 20ga), and 1 hunting rifle (22 long)

Yeah, I have a few.
I will say some of my favorites are .22cal. I can practice with them all summer with about $100 in amo. The big calibers get pricey to shoot a lot, even if I reload my own.
I compete in small bore, F class, FCSA, etc.

Last edited:
Got a lot of guns but by far my favorite is my .17 HMR that thing is bad a** !! I can shoot the primer out of a shotgun shell at 200 yards!!! Consistently!!

Attachments

• image-538632555.png
    image-538632555.png
    942.9 KB · Views: 607

I personally don't have a gun. But. I have shot a glock nine and an ak47. Both amazing pieces of weponery!!
But. I want for my self a bolt action 30-6 rifle... I just think that will be the best!! Any opinions???

Sent from my iPod touch using Jeepz

I've got a few guns, nothing high end. Pistols, Berretta 9mm, Ruger single six 22, Lorcen 380, and a 100 year old small Smith and Wes 5 shot 32cal that I carry. It's tight and shoots like a new one, not real accurate but easy to carry. Rifles, a 22 Marlin semi auto, a British 303 jungle carbine that I love! and an early Remington model 1100 auto 12ga. Me and the wife both have carry permits, gonna go buy her either a Smith and Wes bodyguard to carry or a Ruger LCR. Haven't decided which, she shot a friends bodyguard and liked it. The LCR has a lighter trigger pull though.

When I got my Jeep, it wasn't much. The guy that had it fixed up Jeeps and sold 'em. He had planned on parting mine out. He had a hardtop to fit mine in all his parts. I asked about it, he priced it pretty high. We got to talking about guns and I showed him the pistol gripped Mossburg 12 guage pump I had just bought off a friend. The gun was brand new, never been fired. He wanted it pretty bad and I hated to part with it. He offered to swap the hard top even and I couldn't pass it up. I had bought the gun for $150 from a friend in need. I'll get anthor one I guess but it'll not be that cheap! Lol

Not bad. I'm not a fan of 22's but they are good for hunting small game. I'm looking to get a smaller gun for concealed carry, either the Kel-Tec PF-9 or the Cobra Patriot 9mm or 45.

My all time favorite concealed carry is the Colt 1991A1 .45cal. It's dependable and reliable. My wife tells me i have too much but i think i only have a few in my collection. I have so far 18 long guns ranging from a .22cal to a 30-06 and a few pistols.

Attachments

• IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    827 KB · Views: 414
  • Picture 082.jpg
    Picture 082.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 2,249
My all time favorite concealed carry is the Colt 1991A1 .45cal. It's dependable and reliable. My wife tells me i have too much but i think i only have a few in my collection. I have so far 18 long guns ranging from a .22cal to a 30-06 and a few pistols.

the 1911 is a very popular gun where i am. i know you said you have a colt, but john browning bring a utah man and the designer of the gun, it was just addopted as the state fire arm for utah. i would love one, there are many more on the list before that.

Utah_jeepster said:
2.11 to buy or 1.65$ to reload .50 BMG

True. We did reload on our trip. But didn't calculate how much per round it was costing. I think it was around 3.00 a round. I wish we could use handguns up here. Can't shoot em unless your at a certified range and you need police clearance to transport it there lol. Cant even "legally" shoot em on our acerage

A famous gangster once said, "Never trust a woman or an automatic weapon." I believe this, my pistols from here on out will be revolvers. Dependable as hammer!

Last edited:
i have none.... never needed one. alot of friends have concealed carry licenses and talk about how they love their guns but other then talking about them, i have never seen them ever shoot them. my friend's in san antonio shoot theirs though. one is a police officer and the other is an armed guard at ft sam houston. we have fun going shooting with them and i think i would like to have a nice little 38 or 9mm to take when we see them.

SH that 1991a1 is a beautiful gun. But I would never use it as a CCW. My reasoning is I have had an overzealous officer confiscate my weapon before. When I got it back it was totally ruined. I would rather loose a $300 cheap gun that a beautiful piece like yours. I hope this never happens to you.

why did they take your gun? they have no right to unless you are breaking your states gun laws. i would have filed a complaint with the police department and made them pay for it.

SH that 1991a1 is a beautiful gun. But I would never use it as a CCW. My reasoning is I have had an overzealous officer confiscate my weapon before. When I got it back it was totally ruined. I would rather loose a $300 cheap gun that a beautiful piece like yours. I hope this never happens to you.

I sure hope not. Most of the local authorities here knows this pistol. It's carries my trademark with the custom wood grips that has the crimson trace laser i made. I custom make a lot of pistol grips for the local law enforcement here and this Colt is one of my showgun as well as my carry. Every year, im asked by the Former Texas Rangers Foundation if i would donate a custom grip for their auction and i always gave them a one of a kind design with the texas rangers badge embeded on the grips.
Here's one from last years auction.

Attachments

• IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    897.1 KB · Views: 3,651

In VEX, in the field, I carry a 870 Rem. 12 gauge, 3" mag, with a 8 shot magazine extension, with black Zytel forearm and stock. I also carry a Israeli Galil .308. For a handgun carry a .45 Colt 9 shot.

Robert

Back