We finally got enough snow to cover the roads, that's good a

bigTlilODD

Friday night my wife and I went to dinner for my b-day. We went to a great new mexican restaraunt and had dinner and of course margaritas. Well, in the hour that we had dinner we got about 4" of snow. That's the good. The bad is that I had to quit drinking. there's no way I was going to drive in the snow after several margaritas and the way people drive around here. So on the way home there's several dirt lots. They "were" so pretty. I went in and just drove up and over stuff and did a few donuts. My wife wasn't that thrilled, but it was my birthday and I did what I wanted to do. Turns out there were several accidents in the city due to poor driving techniques, none were too serious. I actually had to go into 4 HI to maintain control on the roads. I also learned that I need more lights in my Jeep, so I can see the transfer case shifter. I need to rig something up. Last time I drove that Jeep in the snow, was a couple years ago when I visited my sis-n-law in Denver. I took it up to Vail to do some boarding. Turned out that her tires were bald at the time. So I spun it out at like 50mph. Talk about a ride! Then I spun it out again the next day on a different section of the highway. After that I gave her money to go buy new tires!

On a side note, when I got home I let my dogs run all over the neighborhood, because they love snow. Then all the kids came out and we had a
image-missing.png
It was slightly unfair as it was ALL the kids vs. me.

edited by: bigTlilODD, Mar 03, 2003 - 10:57 AM[addsig]

haha sounds like you had a fun time! although, i fail to see the bad side... :-D [addsig]

AS far as a light, I'm a smoker (cough) and hated the fact that the Money Pit dosen't have a light near the ashtray. Went to Target, got a small flexy light that plugs into the lighter. Works great and cost about 4 bucks.

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

Glad to hear you sobered up and made it home to play with the kids. During the Blizzard last month my kids were making igloos 5' high. The snow was the best but what a mess it is melting on the roads now. And yeah I need on of those flexy lights also.................Bullet[addsig]

Back