Your Favorite All Time Jeep Photos

Robert_Stephens

Hi everyone,

I am enjoying this site so much after a return for a time away. So many cool rigs, and all good folks that post the most fun and erudite posts and comments. A real pleasure and fellowship place.

With that said, wanted to start a thread like I have over on my own forum of our favorite Jeep pics. They can be of any Jeep or your own as well, but just your all time fav. I'll start with mine, and why:

_Toby%2005.jpg

LRDG-(Long Range Desert Group), SAS, British Special Operations Forces, East of Tobruk, October, 1941, The Great Sand Commons, Sahara Desert, North Africa.

183688_186354551399867_100000759716724_384201_1165987_n.jpg

(This photo started me on my 3 million+mile, 26 Jeeps to date, and 46 year journey with Jeeps, and counting, starting when I was 9 years old--staring at this photo constantly)---Marion R. Stephens, 73rd Bomb Wing, 20th Air Force, 163rd Bomb Squadron (B-29 Super Fortress), USAF. Island of Saipan, Marianas Islands, South Pacific, June, 1944-- a 1944 Jeep MB #498. ......I Love you daddy-I miss you!

These two photos are my fav and got me going so long ago. The 2nd one is of my dad, and that would be obvious influence, since I was a child and discovered this in his WW2 scrapbook, at about age 7 or so. The top one, after 15 years or so, and got to go into the field to the very places I see in these vintage photographs with my own Jeep(s), inspire still to no end. That top photo is the epitome of the Jeep aura, my own life as it developed, and just says, "Earth is within Jeepin' distance!".............

.............and then, I like this one down in the Sonora Reach, in The Great Southwest Desert Commons of the United States, my home country when not on travel. VEX and I here in southern NM:

199460_191353617566627_100000759716724_411178_7504907_n.jpg

Ok, everyone, now yours.

Thank you all in advance,

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:

i have never really looked at any certain jeep pics. i just like the way they look stock. they look good lifted but i like stock more

This is a cool idea. I love your photos, and the history behind them, but I must admit, for me at least, finding one or two pictures of all things that are good, and I love about these vehicles I pretty close to impossible. I DO, however, remember the exact moment that I fell in love with jeeps in general, and decided that they're something worth striving for....(Que in waynes world "doodle ee doo, doodle ee doo, doodle ee doo")....
My buddy and I had just finished up a year-long project of building a chevy/monster from the ground up. We thought we were pretty cool. And it was. We had our trip all planned out, but it just so happened when we got there, that a local jeep club was doing the exact same run. So we decided to tag along. This was by far, THE most fun I've ever had wheeling. I saw lots of amazing things on that trip, but there was a moment where a turn had gotten just a little too tight for the guy in front of us, and he got himself lodged between two trees. The solution for this problem was something that had never occurred to me as feasible, let alone even possible. 5 or 6 guys just picked it up, and turned it right. That's it. Like it was no big deal. I turned, drop-jawed, looking at my buddy "what just happened?!? Did they really just do that?! Dude, we could NEVER get away with that in this thing!! I WANT ONE!!"it was the most amazing thing id ever seen before. Hell, it was the most amazing thing id never even imagined. It was that moment that I knew, I didn't want anything else.....(Que in waynes world "doodle ee doo, doodle ee doo, doodle ee doo" aaaaaannnnndddd fade)
So there you have it. My "favorite picture". Im sorry that no one else can actually see it, but its in my head, and there's not really a whole lot I can do about that. But for the sake of the threads request, here's one that I picked out. I chose this one because it was when I first got her. She's come quite a long way in that short amount of time....still has a long way to go.

Attachments

• 182916_10150143392909136_704424135_8168350_1413258_n-1.jpg
    182916_10150143392909136_704424135_8168350_1413258_n-1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 827

My first Jeep was a slightly modified 1953 M38A1 which a friend talked me into buying. I knew very little about Jeeps at the time and ended up selling it for next to nothing.

It ran great with the added Dauntless 225 Buick V6 engine..and would almost climb a tree in low range/1st gear.

It had an old military aircraft electric winch out of a B-52 bomber (I think) welded to the front bumper and frame.

Everything else was pretty much stock, which meant the engine would be over-revving if I drove it much more than 40 mph (very low gearing).

I had several non-Jeep 4x4's after the M38A1...and that is when I realized that Jeeps were the only way to go. Nothing performed off road like the Jeep...so now that is all I drive.

The photos below are the only ones I could find of the '53 M38A1 on a great trip into the Chihuahuan desert in the Big Bend National Park area (Texas). Sorry about the poor quality.

It was my favorite Jeep because it was what sold me on the brand...and it was a blast to drive.

Larry

Attachments

• LarryandJeepM38A1.JPG
    LarryandJeepM38A1.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 6,728
  • LegCrampsFromDehydrationinDesert.JPG
    LegCrampsFromDehydrationinDesert.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 6,939
  • BigBendTowedJeep.JPG
    BigBendTowedJeep.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 6,645
Flying jeep!!!
flying jeep.jpg

floating jeep!!!
Amphigator.jpg

stretch jeeeeeeep!!!
stretchjeep.jpg

v
e
r
t
i
c
a
l

j
e
e
p

verticlejeep.jpg

The last one is from the sites Archives back when there were still "crazy Jeep" pictures.

My daughter's second Jeep...and her first one.

Attachments

• Lauren_Jeep_2.jpg
    Lauren_Jeep_2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 5,183
  • IMG_3261.JPG
    IMG_3261.JPG
    958.4 KB · Views: 826
These all are coming along just killer cool. Wonderful. More, more, more!!! I love it!

I love the CJ7 on its nose--typical!

And of course, the last one-- and that is starting early with the maiden and her pink Jeep--perfect. Totally wonderful--all of these photos--fun to study and go back and look at them in detail.

Robert

Stephens, your just one diffrent kind of cat, its like a breath of fresh air to have you on here.

All right, here are a few. First, Dad in South East Asia and in an M151, I think. This photo was my inspiration for getting into jeeps and also for joining the Army. I'm headed to Afghanistan next month, Helmand Province. Not quite as humid as Vietnam, but definately just as hot. Then me in the Chihuahuan Desert with my trailer and mountain bikes, then in the Cascades, then re-fueling in Lolo pass on the Montana-Idaho border last winter.

Attachments

• P1080088.JPG
    P1080088.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 668
  • dad and jeep.jpg
    dad and jeep.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 766
  • indy 2.jpg
    indy 2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 771
  • 092.JPG
    092.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 586
Last edited:
Dr. Solberg,

Well, my old friend from so long ago and there you and "REX" are, in good repose in my new country here in the bottom of the Great American Desert Commons, a Trauma MD for the US Army, such as you are.

And, you bastid, you are going to deploy--into the void, into the Great Sand Commons of creation and I hate you for this!!! Damn!

Ok, come and post more as you have been here much longer than I have.

Hat is tipped, sir,

Robert (Indiana Jones) VEX

Oh, forgot; it is to be noted that your dad, in his own M151 in Viet Nam, was your inspiration as my dad was mine in WW2 on Saipan. Very cool indeed.

Salute, Dr.

Behold, life is within Jeepin' distance............

Robert

Also, here are Vex and Rex in Gig Harbor, Washington. Man, I hated that rack! Also, the hottest jeep girl in the whole world, posing in the great Southwest. It's really this forum that has helped me with this build 2.5 years ago. Thanks for everyone's help and advice. I've been away for the last year, so thanks for inviting me back!

Attachments

• 201.JPG
    201.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 1,984
  • P5040008.JPG
    P5040008.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,032
That is so cool, and your blonde girl maiden is stunning as usual!! (Tell PG hello for me and give her a kiss for me!!) This was when I was staying on the Ocean Going Shrimp ship, in the harbor there. Too cool.

The Odyssey Continues.................

http://behold-jeep.lefora.com/

Robert

Last edited:
Stephens, your just one diffrent kind of cat, its like a breath of fresh air to have you on here.

i'm going back and answering all these great pics and post, and enjoying seeing them in detail some more, but wanted to address your most kid post.

Thank you! Hat is tipped, Sir GennyBro.

It is is quite good to be back here, where none are cloudless, like everything else......

Robert

My first Jeep was a slightly modified 1953 M38A1 which a friend talked me into buying. I knew very little about Jeeps at the time and ended up selling it for next to nothing.

It ran great with the added Dauntless 225 Buick V6 engine..and would almost climb a tree in low range/1st gear.

It had an old military aircraft electric winch out of a B-52 bomber (I think) welded to the front bumper and frame.

Everything else was pretty much stock, which meant the engine would be over-revving if I drove it much more than 40 mph (very low gearing).

I had several non-Jeep 4x4's after the M38A1...and that is when I realized that Jeeps were the only way to go. Nothing performed off road like the Jeep...so now that is all I drive.

The photos below are the only ones I could find of the '53 M38A1 on a great trip into the Chihuahuan desert in the Big Bend National Park area (Texas). Sorry about the poor quality.

It was my favorite Jeep because it was what sold me on the brand...and it was a blast to drive.

Larry

This is awesome, looks like you are in Libya east of Tobruk. Awesome photo and the Jeep looks so fitting. Cool.

Robert

Back