have you guys seen this crap?!?

I see nothing wrong with it.Actually I may try to convince my wife to get one when her lease is up.She said next vehicle was going to be an SUV.Since they are trying to make every one happy.Wish they would make a nice off road version also.Lifted and tires with that motor.

Utah_jeepster does not know what he's talking about. *dislike* a jeepster is anyone without a plush jeep and with a lift and fat tires for offroading.

Not getting heated or anything, but are you saying that since I don't have enough money for lockers at this moment in time, that I shouldn't call myself a jeeper?
A few of you should re-read his post, particularly where he said "If I follow some of your guys logic here". I don't believe your understanding him correctly.

Bounty__Hunter said:
A few of you should re-read his post, particularly where he said "If I follow some of your guys logic here". I don't believe your understanding him correctly.
Nope. You're reading a completely different section of the post.

Utah_jeepster said:
Look at it from my end, if your not locked and ready to play on the rocks then you shouldn't call your-selfs jeepers. I call most jeeps PJ's because there not locked both ends, geared 4:1 and have so low of gears that you could idle up Mt Everest.
This is the part I was asking about. Which specifically says that if I don't have lockers, I shouldn't call myself a jeeper.

Maybe im way off by some opinions, but my definition of a jeeper, is: anyone who loves their jeep. And my definition of a jeep, is: it says jeep on it. Its not about tires, or gears, or mods, or how much money you have to do the things you may, or may not want to do or have. That's just, quite plainly, a dense and narrow minded train of thought.
In short: if you love your jeep, you are a jeeper.

Last edited:
OK you caught me I forgot to add "then if you" look at it from my end.
Sorry.

The point I am and was trying to make its a jeep geared to those consumers WHO don't want a full off-road jeep but with some capabilities to handle rougher roads.
Everyone was saying it shouldn't wear a jeep badge because its not a off-roading vehicle.
I was hoping to get some of you to think about this and the other jeeps, like the patriot, liberty, and the compass. Some of these will never be in our class of off-roading but they do have there place.
I would rather see a family driving one of these vehicles than say a Yoder or some other SUV that doesn't put money into jeeps coffers.

And as Bounty knows I say things to get some lively discussion going, the written word is hard to convey somethings when your not a gifted writer.
But I try my best.

The reason I try is to get you all thinking.

And tjlboise I call most jeeps PJ's (plain Jeeps). Cookie cutter jeeps, mine included because most mods are off the shelve. its only that 1% that are truly custom, or the home made mods that make them stand out that gets me excited. Its those poeple who push the boundary's of this sport to its next level.

Okay... that makes much more sense. It seemed like you suddenly had some kind of split personality. Id never heard you say anything like that before, and that's why I asked before any offense took place. And you know what? I totally agree with you. Id much rather see families driving around in a jeep, rather than anything else. But it still bothers me a bit that it looks like all of the other SUV's out there. I realize that's a "skin deep" opinion, but I can't help it. This 2012 grand Cherokee srt8 is the epitome of a cookie cutter PJ.

New str8
And
Dodge durrango

Attachments

• 215314_10150226026076515_7037526514_8543052_6086502_n.jpg
    215314_10150226026076515_7037526514_8543052_6086502_n.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 246
  • images-22.jpeg
    images-22.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 314

Yup. '98 to be exact. The point im trying to make, here, is the resemblance of the other vehicles out there. Not the year it was made.

You have a point with it being a decent car, and I see the point in wanting a car that can handle say a dirt road. But I also like the idea of thinking of a jeep as a jeep. A vehicle for those of us who don't want to go anywhere, but everywhere. I vehicle that puts hummers to shame and promises progress with a classic and forever lasting twist. Something that when you drive, you feel proud of the American accomplishments and reminds you of American ingenuity. This in my opinion breaks that pride, and disassembles the very structure, and foundation if the jeep name.

Just my opinion, nothing more.

With what some people have said the guy that took his YJ made it 2 wheel drive lowered and slammed a v-8 in it for a drag racing no longer owns a Jeep.

Then you have this "Jeep"

The only dirt this Jeep touches is on the pavement where he rolls it out of an inclosed trailer that he hauls it in.

Attachments

• SANY0239.JPG
    SANY0239.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 153

xt master said:
With what some people have said the guy that took his YJ made it 2 wheel drive lowered and slammed a v-8 in it for a drag racing no longer owns a Jeep.

Then you have this "Jeep"

The only dirt this Jeep touches is on the pavement where he rolls it out of an inclosed trailer that he hauls it in.

Exactly, it's a show jeep. It he would not be considered a jeepster.

I don't know why everyone's trying to qualify being a jeeper, I wave at every jeep I see, new or old, crappy or heavily modded, it doesnt matter. As long as they're having as much fun in their jeep as I am in mine, I don't care. If the guy who owns the show jeep loves it and has a great time, more power to him.

jackflack44 said:
I don't know why everyone's trying to qualify being a jeeper, I wave at every jeep I see, new or old, crappy or heavily modded, it doesnt matter. As long as they're having as much fun in their jeep as I am in mine, I don't care. If the guy who owns the show jeep loves it and has a great time, more power to him.

Haha I think we were just defining jeepster.

my liberty wife's liberty was lifted and had oversized tires on it. it had a locker in the back too. liberties do very well off road

when we bought it:
dsc01745-1.jpg

when the motor was blown but it was still way still sitting high
20100219164627-1.jpg

it had an ome 2.5 on it and it was a great family jeep. never got stuck anywhere. my old cherokee behind it had a 2" lift on it in that pic with stock tires and the liberty has street tires on it in the pic also

I suppose they would make decent daily drivers on the back roads, I just think I prefer something else as a rugged dd before getting a street jeep.

The worst part is: if you look at the official site, or the facebook page, they are getting very positive feedback. Jeep: officially the new yuppie vehicle. So sad. I don't even know what to say.
i think thats that new one that lifts suspention when needed ant it?

Back