have you guys seen this crap?!?

I define jeeper as anyone who offroads in a jeep. The key word is OFF ROADS

If you ask me jeep should have 3 vehicles wranglers, cherokees and grand Cherokees, in different trims everything the wrangler has now is good, the Cherokee no longer around should be brought back and the grand Cherokee has excellent trims as it is including the SRT8 which would be my street ride then the wrangler for trails.

If you ask me jeep should have 3 vehicles wranglers, cherokees and grand Cherokees, in different trims everything the wrangler has now is good, the Cherokee no longer around should be brought back and the grand Cherokee has excellent trims as it is including the SRT8 which would be my street ride then the wrangler for trails.

And even though you want the SRT8 I still call you a jeeper. I don't hate the car, I just don't like the idea of non-jeepers driving them. I feel that until you can fully appreciate the jeep for what it is and stands for you shouldn't call yourself a jeeper. You can own the car no argument and it could be decent I am not writing it off but if you don't take a jeep of some kind off roading and if you don't have a jeep you can be alright with a few scratches on you shouldn't call yourself a jeeper.

I am also going on record that I am alright with non jeepers owning jeeps, I just don't think they deserve the title jeeper and they shouldn't use it.

i think thats that new one that lifts suspention when needed ant it?

Yes. It has the automatic suspension adjustment depending on which terrain setting is selected on the console. The system is a self contained 100% pure nitrogen with a reservoir tank. The tank holds the nitrogen if not being used by the shock absorbers.

ScubaDude said:
And even though you want the SRT8 I still call you a jeeper. I don't hate the car, I just don't like the idea of non-jeepers driving them. I feel that until you can fully appreciate the jeep for what it is and stands for you shouldn't call yourself a jeeper. You can own the car no argument and it could be decent I am not writing it off but if you don't take a jeep of some kind off roading and if you don't have a jeep you can be alright with a few scratches on you shouldn't call yourself a jeeper.

I rarely offroad. I'm still a jeeper.

But you still understand the jeep name and you have a jeep you have offroaded in. I probably wont offroad all that often either.

This thread is becoming as bad as discussing politics amongst friends. i think I am going to drop out. My opinion stands and I have said my 2 cents worth but I don't think this is worth arguing anymore.

I say we use this thread as a lesson and maybe start defining jeeper. We should discuss what it means to us and then we can maybe end this debate.

My definition (Revised) jeeper- anyone who appreciates the flexibility and durability of their jeep.

This now includes daily drivers, Drag racers etc.. but I still believe that driving a domestic jeep as your only jeep expirience is not good enough.

Also Terry, if that question is directed at me I said non jeepers can drive jeeps and if it says jeep its a Jeep. its the Title Jeeper that i don't believe can just be handed out.

I'll agree with him, not a title that should just be handed put because you own a jeep you have to earn the title. By the way! Got some of the rust fixed got a couple more spots to fix then going to paint it, waiting for my lift kit to arrive tires are mounted on the rims (dick Cepek crushers) only 31's but the jeep is coming together very well, I have to bed line the jeep and I'm planning on putting racing seats in it :) super excited sorry just had to tell some people and I didn't want to start a whole new thread. Ha sorry guys :p

Trail riders,mud nuts,and rock crawlers all have one thing in common that the pavement lovers dont have.Thats the spirit of adventure,and the willingness to do things that we're uneasy with,and at times down right scared about doing. Those are the ones I call jeepers,just because ya got a jeep,dosnt make ya a jeeper.

can't be a one trick pony for ever... I'd drive the tits off that thing.

image-missing.png

excuse me while I barf on the same pile........

8239d1303318782t-have-you-guys-seen-crap-215314_10150226026076515_7037526514_8543052_6086502_n.jpg

I am trying to discern the purpose and point of this thread and topic, in sober fashion, but not in a way that is truculent or aveering to the mark, or anyone that has/drives these as pictured herein in the OP.

I am trying to understand even the point. Thus, I suppose one could build a space shuttle and then put a badge name on it that says 'Jeep'. Or, put another way, these rigs can be anything anyone wants them to be.

The bottom line is what the mark was designed to be/use/deploy, in a way akin to a mechanical horse or mule so to speak, not a Rolls Royce type comfort affair, and therein is the crux. For instance, this is the Jeep I saw as a child in my dad's scrapbook and what it did/does for what it is:

image-missing.png

Then, I kept going with 'new' Jeeps till I arrived at this:

image-missing.png

From there, I never could figure how the mark would be 'better' for what I end up doing with it or its real intended use: DD, Around the world, On road, Off Road, No road, to the far sides of the world. So, as the mark evolved, it has gotten to the point it is very very limited in what it can do, where it can go and its dependability in all seasons, all reasons, all places. It seems to be so advanced in technology, so big in size, that it is very limited in just about everything that has to do with the original mark/concept.

Or put another way, beyond the name, it is no longer a Jeep at all, by original concept. But it is still called such, no matter the physical repose it has become.

I'm not sure if that is clear, but it is reasonable when one like me who is so retro, reads a thread like this as started by the OP.

Baffling in fact.

Is it really a 'Jeep'?

Robert

The worst part is: if you look at the official site, or the facebook page, they are getting very positive feedback. Jeep: officially the new yuppie vehicle. So sad. I don't even know what to say.
you called it right, YUPPIE... HOLLYWOOD, same thing happened to the Harley, the YUPPIE HOLLYWOOD crowd all decided to buy themselves one, drove the prices up from a normal $3K bike to $25K.. and now the harley shops look like discotheques instead of BIKE shops.. more clothes than scooters.. that's the AMERICAN way tho, take something good, and f&*k it up for everyone that really enjoyed it the way it was..

frhrwa said:
you called it right, YUPPIE... HOLLYWOOD, same thing happened to the Harley, the YUPPIE HOLLYWOOD crowd all decided to buy themselves one, drove the prices up from a normal $3K bike to $25K.. and now the harley shops look like discotheques instead of BIKE shops.. more clothes than scooters.. that's the AMERICAN way tho, take something good, and f&*k it up for everyone that really enjoyed it the way it was..

Hallelujah !!!!!!!

Even worse than the original srt8. They made it go 0-62 in 4 seconds... smh

Attachments

• image-3119771911.png
    image-3119771911.png
    421.5 KB · Views: 172
  • image-1888597693.png
    image-1888597693.png
    388 KB · Views: 162
  • image-3651292269.png
    image-3651292269.png
    438.7 KB · Views: 177