saw and met the owner of a PJ this morning

bigTlilODD

LOL. I pull up to a coffee shop on my way to work. I see a Jeep and parked next to it. It was nice and clean. Carpet interior, what looked to be leather seats and all that. It had 2 off-road lights and a couple tow hooks. I get my coffee and am walking back to my Jeep. The owner of the other one looks at mine and says, "Wow that's some dirt on there." I laughed and said that most of it got washed off because of the snow. He said that his has never gotten that dirty. I was bad and said, "Yours is a PJ, I mean TJ, right?" He said yup.
image-missing.png

Sorry I'm a bad man

Todd
image-missing.png
[addsig]

You were too nice... If that guy said "That's some dirt on there" I would've said "Ya, it's a Jeep" and smiled and driven away. -Mike :-D [addsig]

you shoulda converted him/her to a true jeeper! you will do better next time, young jedi :)[addsig]

You are right, you ARE bad... you should never have covered up that PJ statement with the "TJ"... shame shame shame... but its not so bad to be nice though[addsig]

Man I am having problems with my friend and his "pj". Although he really doesnt keep it all that clean, he really isnt interested in offroading that much. Here is the story.

He has gone offroading several times but somehow in his last outing he bent one of his leaf springs (stock jeep). Anyway I almost had him talked into a lift since he is going to replace all 4 springs anyway. We had gone offroading in my jeep a few times and he was amazed with its capability over his stock jeep.

Well he drove my lifted YJ and he said that although it is cool he has decided to put stock springs back on (even though they are almost the same price as lift springs). He said the reason is that he likes his jeep is because its quick and nimble on the road (tight handling and all) and fears that lifting it will hurt that. He is also concerned about the loss of gas mileage (4cly) associated with lifting and larger tires.

Soooo PJ? Yes or No? Either way I am very disappointed in him...I was so excited to be able to help him build his jeep up into a big machine but he just wants a "street jeep" :-( [addsig]

hey tod,how did you get those rockstar faces.Those are just great. Later :wink: Sully[addsig]

I like those rock stars too... tis cool... and rayo... yeah, i'd say its a PJ... when something breaks... thats an opportunity to go big. and... NO jeep handles well nor should they be expected to ride like a sports car. tell him that you know where to get "good" stock springs... they will cost a little more.. but will work better and last longer... then get him a 2 inch lift... and tell him that is how its supposed to be stock, and that his springs before must have been tired, that's why it rode so low[addsig]

Back