Service Manuals, I have them

sightsrv

Where to post I dont know. If legal I dont know. I have the 99-04 gc service manual and the 99 gc laredo and limited service manual. Not haynes or chilton. You guys helped me so if i can would like to post these for other users. Very big files. 354mb for one. 74mb for the other. All in searchable pdf. Let me now. If cant post here. Send me an email.

I would just email the PDFs to Terry then he can take proper legal action and SUE YOUR ASS.

Jk but I would let Terry decide where to put them

Service manuals can be pretty useful at times so I am sure they will stay on the forum one way or another

Service manuals are not free right? My understanding is that they were pretty expensive, and my gut says it may not be legal to give these away.

Sent from my DROID2 using Jeepz

Most websites restrict posting links to such copyrighted material, and are very strict about it. Posting copyrighted material here may not only subject yourself to legal action but also Terry. I'd restrict it to email only.

We know someone has them,

as long as they aren't posted on the site, its not legal to share is it? as long as they are not for sale it should be fine...

...I would just put them to rest until someone comes up and says I need yadda yadda yadda service manual, then you can just email them to said person.

perfectly legal, and the site is safe.

I believe the guys from pirate bay are in jail for just linking to illegal files:
BBC NEWS | Technology | Court jails Pirate Bay founders

I'm going to go ahead and say that we can't post, link to, or in any way encourage this, and would ask that you please not use the PM system for this purpose either. I certainly don't want to get sued, or have Jeepz.com pulled offline for this (Jeep has taken other sites in the past that they feel do harm to their brand).

It's not a substitute for the service manual, but Jeep does freely give away there owners manuals:
My Jeep: Jeep Owners Service Manuals - 4x4 SUVs, Sports Utility Vehicles, Off Road

Okay okay pipe down

what if we give a hobo a laptop and the manuals. pay him money as long as he has the computer and whenever we need the manuals have him email them out.

If he gets arrested he only gains a home so he should be cool with it...

...I suggest if at all possible that this thread be deleted.

I had no idea the severity of this offense and (While I promise not to hold this against your ignorantness, or my own) I think it would be in the best interest of JEEPZ.com to rid ourselves of the crime.

HAHA I should be a writer. I have never spent more then 2 hours on an essay (including the eight page outliers) and have never gotten less then 100% and positive feedback... ... And I go to a private school that requires a high IQ test to get in... ...I am a nerd, by a nerd's standards.

too bad our sports teams suck

But back to the thing... what was it again...?

Older Jeep service manuals may be OK, but it's probably best to disallow this as a general rule.

I was a member of a Mazda enthusiast group several years ago, and the cars we focused on were made in the mid to late 80's. The cars had gotten so old that Mazda corporate gave permission to post copies of the shop manuals since they weren't really making any money off of them anymore anyway. The only problem came up was that some guy had previously worked out a deal with Mazda where he was given some sort of license to make an electronic version of the manual where he had scanned the paper shop manual and made PDF's and linked everything together nicely so that it was super easy to navigate and find what you were looking for. He *was* still making money off of it, so he was suing people (and winning) for sharing the electronic shop manual online even though Mazda themselves had no interest in it.

it is illegal to give them out. somehow though, people do get them around for others in need.

i found a factory service manual for one of my bmws in the back seat of a junkyard bmw. the actual blue binder factory manual. got it with a bunch of small parts for 15 bucks and those things go for 150 on ebay. i was ecstatic

Back