Fishing fanatics?

TeddESP

I was wondering how many people on here are as addicted to fishing as I am. I usually go 4 times a week in the river behind my house, and I recently bought a fishing game for my 360. :p I've also been trying to make wooden lures. Should I seek help? Also kinda curious if anyone else makes lures on here. -Teddy-

i am a fish-a-phobic. I don't mind fishing but i hate touching fish. i haven't gone since i was about 12 with my dad, and the next time we were supposed to go he threw away all the fishing rods and tackle box and said his truck got "broken into"

I love fishing! Try to go as much as I can but living in the middle I don't get to go as much as I want to usually about 4 months of the year (spread out across weeks of course) but fishing is the best past time. I don't make lures though I do however play fishing games haha perhaps you should seek a little help :p

I just got my fishing license about two months ago and I go fishing up near a hydroelectric dam near my local Harley-davidson dealership

I'm a fishing fan and have a 21 foot boat that I take out on the chesapeke bay (I love flounder fishing). I was going every week before my son was born, but since then I've been on baby lockdown. He'll turn 2 this summer so I think it's time for him to start working the dip net. ;-)

Sent from my DROID2 using Jeepz

I am a fly fishing fool, who thinks the yarn and feathered creations I make are good enough to fool the smartest of trout. I am lucky that there are a lot of dumb trout out there because I have had "some" luck with my late night creations. So I persevere in my laboratory late at nights with hopes to create the ultimate lure.

Yes I need medical help but any man/woman who is willing to stand on the side of a half frozen river and throw good money into it with wild hopes of catching a free fish should look into what he or she has spent and what your local market has on sale for fresh fish and compare the costs.

As a fly fisherman and a card carrying fanatic ( fishing license ) I refuse to look into this and continue to toil away in my laboratory knowing I am on the verge of creating a master piece that all of the smartest of fish will be fooled into eating my yarn, bead, and feather creations as the most delectable thing they have ever saw.

I love it, haven't been much over the last few years. My son and I (he's 18 now) are very competitve against each other . He's a natural though, he kicks my butt! I bought a new rod and reel and a some new stuff to go, may go Sunday. I've took my 5year old twice, hoping to catch her first soon.

You guys ever try pink salmon eggs on trout? They work pretty good around here.

TerryMason said:
I'm a fishing fan and have a 21 foot boat that I take out on the chesapeke bay (I love flounder fishing). I was going every week before my son was born, but since then I've been on baby lockdown. He'll turn 2 this summer so I think it's time for him to start working the dip net. ;-)

Sent from my DROID2 using Jeepz

Hey you fish up near condowingo hydro-electric dam?

I am a fly fishing fool, who thinks the yarn and feathered creations I make are good enough to fool the smartest of trout. I am lucky that there are a lot of dumb trout out there because I have had "some" luck with my late night creations. So I persevere in my laboratory late at nights with hopes to create the ultimate lure.

Yes I need medical help but any man/woman who is willing to stand on the side of a half frozen river and throw good money into it with wild hopes of catching a free fish should look into what he or she has spent and what your local market has on sale for fresh fish and compare the costs.

As a fly fisherman and a card carrying fanatic ( fishing license ) I refuse to look into this and continue to toil away in my laboratory knowing I am on the verge of creating a master piece that all of the smartest of fish will be fooled into eating my yarn, bead, and feather creations as the most delectable thing they have ever saw.

With the exception of the bolded phrase you could swap out fish, fishing fisherman... with Jeep'n terms and it would sound like most of us here. The bold exception is fishing you walk away with more than you came with and Jeep'n you usually leave something behind. Paint, parts, scrapings, pride or a lot of nervous sweat.

Last edited:

I love fishing. Ive done it since I was a kid. Noting like spending a day with my Uncle on a row boat or sitting on a dock. Oh the memories. Night fishing for catfish was is the best.
Taught my kids to fish at 2yrs old. As long as we were catching something or the bobber moved they held the pole. Skipping rocks or trying to catch a newt, crayfish or frog is fun too. Just one half hour after work and all the troubles melt away.

Right now I have 4 poles, a fishing vest, tackle and bait in the back of the Jeep.

I'm getting the lantern. See Ya!

Fly fishing fool here! I Love the Eastern Sierras,Yellowstone and anywhere that has trout..Living in Northern Los Angeles county there are several streams and lakes nearby,but they suck.
the LA RIVER__A SEWER RUNS THRU IT!!!
Just started some surf fishing in Ventura County just for kicks.
I have spent Thousands on fuel for the RV,drive 2-300 miles to get there,1-200 for an RV spot for 3-4 days meals and all to catch trout and let them all go!
This I shall seek therapy for!

Random question for you seasoned fishermen on here... I plan on carving a bobber out of wood and I was wondering if I painted it a certain way would it be beneficial to put a hook in it and maybe use it as like a topwater lure?

I'm sure you could. I would think something like a jitterbug design would work. I would be worried the line would keep getting tangled in the hook.

Back