Need Help With Jeep Warranty Question

j33pgirl

Hi everyone, I just bought my first Jeep and I really need some advice. Its a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I have a question about the extended warranties. My Jeep has 35k on it and the sales girl talked us into the extended factory warranty. We paid $2100 for it for a 4 yr 50k bumper to bumper with a $100 deductible. I know that everyone says car warranties are a rip off in general but I figured this would help me sleep at night so we decided to buy it. My concern is that I paid WAY to much for it. I just found out that you can negotiate these warranties and I had no idea. If i paid a couple hundered more than what its worth I don't care but I've read online about people paying $600 for a warranty. I can still cancel the warranty if I want to, but how do I get a better price? Through another Jeep Dealership?

I know that I am not the right person to answer this question, but I would just take it. Sure two-thousand bucks is a lot to pay when compared to six- hundred, but sales people can really get annoying. If you were to go back and fight it, you could probably reduce the price, but it would be a pretty bad head ache.

Just go back and tell them you changed your mind and want the $2100 refunded, they will probably offer you a lower price just so they don't lose the warranty sale all together. Also, check with your insurance company, I use USAA and they offer a warranty service. It would have cost me $1200 for a 4 yr 50K warranty on my 04 Wrangler, but it's already beyond the factory warranty, yours might be cheaper because it's newer...

You couple try to get your money back and hope they offer you a lower price, but at the same time being a dealership they would have to redo all the paperwork and you would probably still pay more than you want to.

Back