What to do with old parts...

Jesse

I wasn't 100% where this belonged, so here it is.

I have some old parts from swaps and upgrades. I'm just wondering, what should I do with all this stuff? Can it be thrown in the garbage? If not, then what?

Here is a list of what you see in the pictures, just in case you can't quite tell:
D35 axle shafts. A bit rusty.
D35 drums. Quite worn, aren't worth selling.
D30 and ford 8.8 stock diff covers. The 8.8 cover has rustoleum hammered paint on it.
Stock front and rear brake lines.
Stock rear UCAs.
Stock rear housing from the np231.(It's not worth selling)
D35 housing with brakes still attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1049.JPG
    IMG_1049.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1050.JPG
    IMG_1050.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1141.JPG
    IMG_1141.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1139.JPG
    IMG_1139.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 111

The Axle shafts give to any of your jeep friends still running a D35, its not a question of if they will break theres but when, the rest can be taken down to a metal recycle center and sold for scrap metal. you might want to call a few local pick and pulls to see if they would pay a bit more than a scrap metal dealer would.

and the brake lines can be sold to cherokee guys with lifts. i had a 5" lift on my cherokee and one of the options for replacement brake lines was wrangler factory lifts

and the brake lines can be sold to cherokee guys with lifts. i had a 5" lift on my cherokee and one of the options for replacement brake lines was wrangler factory lifts
How big of a lift will the factory wrangler lines work with on a Cherokee?

Break out the welder, get some steel cable and make some really big wind chimes.:D

What about the drums? They are worn out.

EDIT: Never mind! Found a place that will pay me for the metal. Now to get 500lbs worth of scrap metal...

Last edited:
What about the drums? They are worn out.

EDIT: Never mind! Found a place that will pay me for the metal. Now to get 500lbs worth of scrap metal...

Well, if you dont like the wind chime idea, bolt one of the axles to the drum and stand it up (drum down for base). Then weld a steel plate on top and you have onehelluva grinder stand.

Back