Rock Crawling VS Mud Bogging

which do you like better Rock Crawling or Mud Bogging

• Total voters

KonvictedSiner1

Ok got into a discussion at work after one of my co workers said "jeeps are for sissies".

So the discussion was that rock crawling wasn't fun at all cause you have to go slow and that mud bogging was better cause you get to go fast through deep mud.

personally, I think they are both fun to do but prefer rock crawling better because its more technical and requires more then just stomping on the gas and finding the right line throught the mud pit.

Crawling! Bogging is too messy and is all about sheer vehicle ability. And not your own.

Cralwimg for sure. Mud gets in places u don't want it. Say like the axle housing. There's just more fun in going over an obstacle barely keeping the "kinda" shiny side up than blasting through a mud pit and spending the next 3 hours cleaning it out and pressure washing.

Each one takes a special designed jeep. A jeep set-up rock crawling would not be able to generate the wheel speed needed for mud bogging, and visa-versa A mud bogger wouldn't have the right gearing for technical rock crawling.

I am geared so low that I have gotten stuck before in small mud bog's and had to take the wossie strap (a friends custom dye job on a snatch strap, pink).
I still find pockets of mud under my jeep that has to be 5+ years old by now.
But years of rock crawling has taught me how navigate large bolder fields that scare most. And I have yet to find a large rock stuck under my jeep from Moab or anywhere else I have been.

Utah_jeepster said:
Each one takes a special designed jeep. A jeep set-up rock crawling would not be able to generate the wheel speed needed for mud bogging, and visa-versa A mud bogger wouldn't have the right gearing for technical rock crawling.

I am geared so low that I have gotten stuck before in small mud bog's and had to take the wossie strap (a friends custom dye job on a snatch strap, pink).
But years of rock crawling has taught me how navigate large bolder fields that scare most. And I have yet to find a large rock stuck under my jeep from Moab or anywhere else I have been.

It must be sweet having moab in your backyard! I'm in Massachusetts :(

Utah_jeepster said:

It must be sweet having moab on your backyard! I'm in MA

Back