Fj cruiser

MattMayTJ

So I know how ever one feels about hummers what is every ones opinion on Fj cruisers I personally hate them as much as hummers but then again I'm not a big fan of toyota

i think they look too fat. i have never ridden in one though so maybe they are nice.

i know they look hilarious with three windshield wipers on the front.

I love the way they look!

This chick I went out withs dad had one blacked out with a 6" lift and that thing was baaaaaddd!!

My son-in-law has the 2007 FJ Cruiser pictured below. He has had it all over Colorado, and most recently with our family of Wranglers (3).

Nice ride...very comfortable. Lateral visibility is poor due to the long "B" (or is it "C") pillars.

Larry

Attachments

• ToyotaFJCruiserBilly7-4-11sml.JPG
    ToyotaFJCruiserBilly7-4-11sml.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,009
  • Family4x4TripStJo7-4-11 012sml(2).jpg
    Family4x4TripStJo7-4-11 012sml(2).jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,054
So I know how ever one feels about hummers what is every ones opinion on Fj cruisers I personally hate them as much as hummers but then again I'm not a big fan of toyota

wasn't aware that I hated hummers, thanks for the clarification. :roll:

Wheeled with both stock FJ cruisers as well as SAS ones, other than the miserable view from teh driveras seat (very obstructed) I think they are quite capabile veicles.

one of the best rides I've ever driven. the windshield is kind of annoying as are the giant blind spots. plus the floor in the one I drove was all plastic! no cleaning necessary!

Very capebile machine out of the box. To me the look like various.colored Smufs with the white top/hat.

Bacon

I kind of like them, but I also like the retro styling going around right now (see also Dodge Challenger, Chevy Camaro). I looked into getting one a few years ago. The lack of full back doors and tight back seat were problems. I was looking to upgrade from my 97 Dodge Dakota to something better suited for fatherhood (we were expecting our first child). Instead I went completely the other direction and got an 07 Charger, which has tons of room and has been a good dad car. Missed the Dakota a bunch, and I finally bought my Wrangler to satisfy my truck itch. Best decision ever. So now it's dad-mobile during the week in the Charger and free wheeling Jeeper on the weekends.

jps4jeep said:
wasn't aware that I hated hummers, thanks for the clarification. :roll:

Wheeled with both stock FJ cruisers as well as SAS ones, other than the miserable view from teh driveras seat (very obstructed) I think they are quite capabile veicles.

Lol I got the idea for the thread after reading the hummer hunting thread so I was assuming that a lot of people didn't really like hummers gps4jeep

I've never been in one, but I like the way they look. Alittle too large for my taste.

On a similar note, I'm a huge fan of the old 70's FJ40s

Attachments

• 129_0907_01_z+1977_toyota_fj40_land_cruiser+front_view.jpg
    129_0907_01_z+1977_toyota_fj40_land_cruiser+front_view.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 5,874
i have pics of a beautiful old fj like that in my photobucket account. once i get out of work tonight, i'll try and remember to post the pics i took of it

A guy in town has a rough old FJ, a friend was telling me some how he can turn it on it's side in the field behind his house. Then work it back up on it wheels from it's side. He says you gotta see it to believe it. We had talked about getting a youtube video going of it.

I like the old ones, I've heard parts were expensive and they're hard to lift much without alota work.

I've never been in one, but I like the way they look. Alittle too large for my taste.

On a similar note, I'm a huge fan of the old 70's FJ40s

My dad had one of those 70's FJ40s, I wish he hadn't sold it.. The new FJs' are to big for me, plus as was mentioned before, too many blind spots, and I'll never stop laughing at the three wiperblades.

My dad had one of those 70's FJ40s, I wish he hadn't sold it.. The new FJs' are to big for me, plus as was mentioned before, too many blind spots, and I'll never stop laughing at the three wiperblades.

i didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. a buddy of mine even has one and i never saw that. i had to google it and i lol'ed when i saw it

I have seen several up in Moab, in and around jeep safari, with the limitations of IFS, they seemed to be on a lot of the trails. I didn't see them on Pritchet or any of the 5+ trails, but I did see two coming down 4.5 Moab Rim Trail this Labor day trip.
For an off road ready "out of the box" thing Toyoda has a good grasp of it.
You see more Toys in score racing than you do chev, ford and dodge....

Back