Snake

clydethepirate

I was driving up on Mount Magazine and came across this snake on Highway #309 on my way home. The biggest I have seen all year.

Attachments

• Photo094[1].jpg
    Photo094[1].jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 140

What kind of snake is that? I have lived in south Texas since, about, 93. (give a few years in the army) I have seen three snakes. One was dead, one was a grass snake, and the last was a rattle snake on the side of tue highway.

It's funny, I have seen more tarantulas then snakes

Sent from my iPod touch using Jeepz

It's just a common Arkansas Black Snake. Non Poisonous, They eat alot of rodents. In the pic he was just trying to get away.

I'm not a big fan of seeing snakes.I like having them around them around to help the rodent problem,but prefer not to see them.You said that is the biggest this year,that is scary,means you have seen more than one..lol..I seen one a few weeks ago sun bathing on a rock when we where hiking,about 5 feet long.What I did find out about a black snake is if there is dry leaves around them.They will shake there tail quickly to try and make a rattle snake sound to scare predators away.

xt master said:
I'm not a big fan of seeing snakes.I like having them around them around to help the rodent problem,but prefer not to see them.You said that is the biggest this year,that is scary,means you have seen more than one..lol..I seen one a few weeks ago sun bathing on a rock when we where hiking,about 5 feet long.What I did find out about a black snake is if there is dry leaves around them.They will shake there tail quickly to try and make a rattle snake sound to scare predators away.

If it try to make a rattle sound then it's a rattle snake

We've got a few snakes here in Virginia, usually black or grass snakes, but from what I understand there are plenty of water moccasins in the brush.

I haven't seen one as big as in the photo though.

ha ha ha. when i was a kid, we lived in austin and had rattle snakes all over hte place. diamond back rattlers. learned really quickly how to catch them to get them away from the house

We've got a few snakes here in Virginia, usually black or grass snakes, but from what I understand there are plenty of water moccasins in the brush.

I haven't seen one as big as in the photo though.
Copperheads are not "common" but not unheard of in Tidewater, but don't get nearly that large and don't need to. I saw two in ten years there.

I've seen cottonmouth that big when canoing, biking, kayaking etc. You usually give them a wide berth.

Black snake will shake their tail to mimmick a rattled. .im from tennessee and we have plenty of snakes here. .

rattlers, moccasins, and coral snakes we have'em in Ga. biggest rattler i killed was 6 feet 3 in. skinned him, deep fried'em and it was delicioso. I now just relocate them to the woods if they're in the yard.

i went to my dads house the other day and when i was walking up to his front door there was a snake sitting in the flower bed next to his steps. apparently he said it lives under his driveway.

I came across a 3-4' snake slithering through the cafeteria of a public elementary school in downtown Baltimore, MD a few years ago. A door was left open by the loading dock in the kitchen and it found it's way inside. Don't know what kind it was, didn't care to stick around long enough to find out!

Found this little piece of sunshine in south Georgia --- grilled him.

Attachments

• image-4069364914.png
    image-4069364914.png
    815 KB · Views: 180
  • image-2821030752.png
    image-2821030752.png
    833.2 KB · Views: 253
Found this little piece of sunshine in south Georgia-- grilled it

Attachments

• image-3517685475.png
    image-3517685475.png
    815 KB · Views: 254