Climbing Mt. Washington NH

Mr_Proto

So I am going to NH next week and plan on climbing Mt Washington with my 2011 JK This is the first time for me on the road and of course the first time for my new Jeep or any of my Jeeps. Any advise for this Florida boy climbing the infamous Mt. Washington?

SHOW NO MERCY!

I would say take it easy and don't push it too hard, but I don't know what the terrain up there is.

I believe it's paved all the way, just steep.......unlike Pike's Peak. Anyway, shouldn't be a problem for a Jeep. I'm pretty sure "Soccer SUV's" go up and down it all the time. Have fun and enjoy the country!!! Upstate NY, VT, NH, and Maine are beautiful places. While you're up there, check out Jackman, Maine.........not all that far from Mt. Washington!!

You should have no problem. Folks go up with cars, bikes & Jeeps all the time. I live in NH and took the family up in my 97 Dodge a few years ago. Great experience take your time and have fun. PS. don't forget to take a drink from the outdoor water fountain just stand upwind, LOL.

Sent from my iPod touch using Jeepz

Ya I'm in mass and years ago I drove up it with my 69 camaro no problems. what a ride back down though need to be in low at some points. But the road is paved and there is no offroading.

Double Darn: I got a call from my daughter in North Caroline and she has some medical issues which means I had to get to her right away, Darn I will have to come back to New Hampshere another time.

So I am going to NH next week and plan on climbing Mt Washington with my 2011 JK This is the first time for me on the road and of course the first time for my new Jeep or any of my Jeeps. Any advise for this Florida boy climbing the infamous Mt. Washington?

If you decide to go another time, this video can help you get a feel for the conditions, terrain, etc... Plus, it's just a cool video...

P.S. Hope your daughter gets well

Back