no doors with interior light on

craziesteve

Okay it was a nice day on sat and i was with my friend adam up in baltimore and we took the doors off on the way home and the interior light was on. So I was wondering whats the best way to keep it off so the batter doesnt go dead when i leave the car? SHould i eventually put a switch in it? And how many people keep the bolts off their doors or just keep them on?

steve[addsig]

You can unclip the wire going to your pressure switch on you door frame to turn off the light activation. You can tape down the light presure switch to fool it into thinking the door is closed, just a couple of ideas.
I now have mine wired to a toggle switch and have added extra lights and red under dash night lights. I hate a dark interior for the most part and a red light does not effect your night vision. This goes back to my night lights in my Kenworth.
So do you mean the nuts off the doors? I did away with mine along time ago. This makes the doors a bit more ez to steal but a nut on the hinge pin is not going to keep a thief from haveing them if they want them.
Tug :-D [addsig]

There's a fuse that you can pull out of the block behind the glove box for just this reason. I forget what # it is, but if you need it, let me know and I'll get it for you. It's in the manual.

Rob

:p :cool: :) [addsig]

At the inside of each door, there are pins. These pins are what trigger your interior lights when they are open. I had a problem similar to yours. My wires seem to be rusted and coming loose on the backs of the pins. Check that...[addsig]

Do what Tug said. There is a button that the door pushes against. On the other end of that switch should be a "white" plastic connector. All you need to do is pull it out. DO NOT PULL IT BY THE WIRES! As much as this will turn the light off, you will need to buy new connectors and pins. WAIT! If you do that then you can call me and buy them![addsig]

I just cut the wires leading to the switch on the door and installed some connectors that I can easily unconnect when the doors come off.

TARSI[addsig]

Again, these suggestions are great on a YJ, but a TJ has a fuse that is PUT there, just for that purpose. All it does is shut off the interior lights, no pulling wires, or clips, or anything. Then when the doors go back on, reinsert the fuse. Just seems a lot easier to me !!!

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

i could be wrong, so check first, but i believe on a TJ fuse #4 is for the door switches...[addsig]

I have been in a TJ with the doors off and the door trigger (the wire) is up under tha dash and can't be pulled off as easily as a YJ, This person in particular put the door triggers on a toggle switch ( like Tug said) and mounted the under the dash where it was not vissable, but easily accessable (If you use Just one switch for both door, he found that if you use 2- 12 amp di-ode to isolate the signal, it won't effect any alarm you might have. No alarm, no problem.[addsig]

In my TJ pulling the fuse was a million times easier then messing around with the door pins sensor things. The first time you go fishing for the sensor wires that fell back into the hole you will agree too.[addsig]

Back