Gone Racin

1ATony

Took a road trip last week with Mike to the Pontiac Nationals in Norwalk OH, it was at the Summit Motorsports Park Dragstrip.

Mike raced all weekend and, I took the liberty of shooting some videos, and manned the 1aauto parts booth we had at the show.

Thought you guys might like to check out the 66 Pontiac GTO sponsored by 1aauto.com

gotta love bracket racing! ran a 69 chevell with a blown 396 in eliminator class for years. I do my best work in the grand stands now commenting lol

I have a shelf of drag racing trophies myself. I used to run an '88 Mazda 323 (not nearly as impressive as your rides, I know, but it *is* unique. I guarantee you'll never see a non-turbo 323 that is as heavily modified as mine). I still have the car and have actually been working on getting her back in shape to return to the track, but it has some rust issues in the floor pan that need to be addressed. I ran a test and tune at National Trails in Columbus once. Never heard of the Summit Motorsports Park. They have (or at least had) a big import bracket racing event at National Trails every summer, and I intended to run in it. The first year I was going to run, I wanted to swap in a cooler thermostat and I got the bright idea to install it Saturday morning before heading to the track. Ended up cracking the t-stat housing and couldn't hold coolant so I didn't make it. The next year I was hell bent on making the race, but a girl I was dating fell ill and had to have emergency surgery the night before the race, so I was in the hospital with her instead of at the track. My car was wrecked the following year and I had to rebuild it. Never did get to run in that race...

Man talking about a streak of bad luck. We had a great time at the track. Went to the local circle track Friday night with the kids. We had a blast.

I love the car! Thanks for sharing the video. I went to the All Harley Drags at Bristol last weekend. [AHDRA] It was a blast, it's a shame racing is so expensive.

I love the car! Thanks for sharing the video. I went to the All Harley Drags at Bristol last weekend. [AHDRA] It was a blast, it's a shame racing is so expensive.

Yeah no kidding. I want to put a circle track car together. It cost a small fortune to build a competitive car though.

Yeah no kidding. I want to put a circle track car together. It cost a small fortune to build a competitive car though.
You know in just about every form of racing they'll offer a budgit class but after a few years the people with big bucks get into it and it ends up where the average Joe can't compete.

You know in just about every form of racing they'll offer a budgit class but after a few years the people with big bucks get into it and it ends up where the average Joe can't compete.

I hear yah. I have a buddy that races Legend cars. They have a blast in those things. I was looking into getting into one of those at some point. They seem fairly easy to work on too if you get into a wreck.

Back