Hurricane!!

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it appears that we get a cat 3 hurricane to go along with the earthquake we had earlier this week. The news says this is shaping up to be a big one.

I've made sure we are well stocked on toilet paper and beer.

Sent from my DROID2 using the Jeepz.com app

........I've made sure we are well stocked on toilet paper and beer..........

Good choice!! When Gustav hit us down in Louisiana, we were without power for a week. No power = no refrigeration, no AC, no gas pumps, no stores. Thank God the Nat'l Guard supplied us with MRE's, water, and ice........but no TP (other than the little sheet you get in an MRE) and no beer. Fortunately, we had stocked up (well) on both and had all vehicles full of gas.

Good luck, Terry! Hunker down.......or, better yet, get out!! I'll never hunker down again.......Hurricanes are nothing to mess with.

Man Terry, stay safe. We are going to get brushed by it here in SC but looks like you're getting a direct hit. Hope you got a lot of beer.

as a person who has grown up in Florida and lived through some pretty nasty storms let me tell ya that hurricanes aren't nothing. the no power thing stinks after about a week but other than that it's just like camping! stock up on water, or a good water filter and non-refrigerated foods and you should be fine

We are ready for it at my house here in VA Beach. Gonna fill up the Jeep and the other vehicals tomorrow, got the generator ready, and plenty of food and water. I'm just worried about the big tree behind my house. Hope y'all stay safe.

as a person who has grown up in Florida and lived through some pretty nasty storms let me tell ya that hurricanes aren't nothing. the no power thing stinks after about a week but other than that it's just like camping! stock up on water, or a good water filter and non-refrigerated foods and you should be fine

Obviously, you didn't see what Katrina did to the Mississippi coast.......nothing left but foundations and steps. And Katrina hit land as a Cat 3. And Andrew sure didn't do Homestead any favors (guessing you didn't grow up in Homestead). Anyway, Terry, get out if you can, stay safe if you can't. The wrath of nature is nothing to mess with, no matter how macho you think you are.

Amen brotha. I was about 200 miles inland in Mississippi when Katrina hit, and we had major damage even up there. I have a lot of friends on the Mississippi gulf coast who got hammered.

we got hit by a bad one in hawaii in the early 80s. we were without power for a week or week and a half. it was just like camping.

being on the gulf coast, we see hurricanes regularly also. if its a 3 or less, we stay in town. if its higher, we head to brownsville or to rio frio

Everything turned out fine here. We lost power about 9pm last night, but I fired up the generator this morning and things are looking good.

Everything turned out fine here. We lost power about 9pm last night, but I fired up the generator this morning and things are looking good.

Glad it didn't get bad, hope you get power back soon.

Lots of wind/rain here in Baltimore. Power went out around 11:30pm. Lots of branches down and a few trees, but no buildings damaged that I can tell.

Terry (and ALL in the path), glad to hear everything's OK! We got lucky (again) this time. Looks like most of the damage/problems are water related. Never forget that Mother Nature rules when all is said and done.

Back