Help identifying Jeep

OlderJoe

I just bought this "Jeep" because I think when fixed up a bit it will look cool and the price was right. The guy advertised it as a 1972 Jeep Wrangler, which of course it is not and cannot be since there was no such thing back then.

I have done a lot of searching and cannot find this body style so I'm not even sure this is a Jeep. Notice the vents on the tub...I haven't seen a single pic of a Jeep with these vents. Also you will see in the pics that the doors are square at the bottom. I'm guessing this is some sort of modification.

But I digress...it's cool and fun but what the heck is it? Maybe it's not a Jeep at all.

Attachments

• 3470954_CP_photo.jpeg
    3470954_CP_photo.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 3470959_CP_photo.jpeg
    3470959_CP_photo.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 215

I'm not sure either. did you get a title with it? it should tell what it is.

it looks like a home made jeep. the sheet metal for the windshield is connected to the body, so it won't lay down. the engine bay is thinner then the tub, and the steering column seems to come through the floor or is at some weird angle.

i would imagine it might have been a jeep at one time but maybe was wrecked and got rebuilt in the garage like that, or someone just built their own from something else.

got any more pictures? it looks like it will do the same thing a normal jeep does, minus the folding window and maybe 4x4. it looks like it might be a 2 wheel drive

It wouldn't happen to be one of those Mahindra Jeeps would it? Seems like they make copies of the older models that aren't quite the same as the originals.

By the way, I like it. What's the wheel base on it? What engine is it?

it looks like a home made jeep. the sheet metal for the windshield is connected to the body, so it won't lay down. the engine bay is thinner then the tub, and the steering column seems to come through the floor or is at some weird angle.

i would imagine it might have been a jeep at one time but maybe was wrecked and got rebuilt in the garage like that, or someone just built their own from something else.

got any more pictures? it looks like it will do the same thing a normal jeep does, minus the folding window and maybe 4x4. it looks like it might be a 2 wheel drive
I was thinking something along this lines. It's titled as a Jeep, but that's not saying a whole lot in Jordan. My guess is that it was a Jeep at some point, or at least the chassis is.

I will know more today when I pick it up from the licensing burea. I will be able to check the chassis and vin.

By the way, I like it. What's the wheel base on it? What engine is it?
I don't think it's a Mahindra. I've seen a lot of pics of Mahindras and aside from the fact that it doesn't resemble any that I've seen, it would also be next to impossible to bring any vehicle from India to Jordan due to customs regulations.

let us know and take some more pics, i still think its cool.

Back